DeerDan 20-Oct-14
Heartshot 20-Oct-14
Tpb 21-Oct-14
CTCrow 21-Oct-14
The Rookie 21-Oct-14
Cranial Vault 21-Oct-14
ROBZ7 22-Oct-14
20-Oct-14
I know a couple weeks ago we talked about this but I still have very light deer activity in my properties hoping the cold weather this week changes things but I had tons of deer in my properties throught the summer but this has been the slowest October in 3 years.

20-Oct-14
Rob they have vanished off my property also bud

20-Oct-14
I have seen two deer in a month and they were both dead on the side of the road. I can understand an October lull but I don't even see deer driving, I live in easton surrounded by watershed property I used to see deer crossing the road while driving all the time. Any guys seeing deer in watershed property ?

20-Oct-14
i finaly had them show at toyland this weekend..first time since the begining of sept..

20-Oct-14
Still slow for me also Rob,I have a piece of private property in Easton that's surrounded by a couple hundred acres of watershed. Used to get 70 pictures a night afew years ago, checked my camara this week for the first time in 8 days and only had 2 deer come one night.I just can't figure out what's changing,the surrounding watershed is not open to hunting and I find it hard to beleive I'm getting cut off by other people hunting the border, There are some acorns but it's scarce,I took a walk around and there is just no sign of them,3- 4 years ago used to see a half dozen deer every time, I've never taken more than two deer a year off the property. I'm hoping things will kick off in Nov.

20-Oct-14
6 tonight to little bucks sparring and a 8 was grunting after a doe for a short run Time Dave saw 2 small bucks fighting this morning I think it's coming

20-Oct-14
Yeah I have always had big deer population around and only take 2 deer a year as well and I usually have a population of 15-20 deer in these properties. Even over the summer I was getting 700-800 pictures a week but since the first week it's been totally dry . I have had dry spells but not like this. I guess if deer were there in the summer they gotta be around but just weird because it's been over a month of nothing. Couple does here and there and the occasional buck. Now without the harvest report can't see how this years harvest compares to previous.

20-Oct-14
saw 7 this morning. 5 does and two bucks sparring as well in the thicket

20-Oct-14

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
DeerDan 's embedded Photo
Saw a spike chasing does in circles this morning!

20-Oct-14
I've seen absolutely nothing in 2 weeks I saw 2 does last week that came running in at last shooting light 90 yrds away and went out same way they came in its frustrating to say the least I'm in Chaplin I used to see deer all yr here about 4 yrs ago now come this time every yr poof they gone can't figure it out

21-Oct-14
They've disappeared for me, I've got a lot of oaks but very few nuts, I'm figuring they're found food elsewhere, hopefully their food sources change and they come back.

21-Oct-14
I think they are starting to move. For the firt time this year, I saw two groups of deer outside my window at work feeding in the morning.

21-Oct-14
seen 3 today in Andover. let them pass because 2 were yearlings. come to find out 2 hours later a guy down the road shot the mother anyway

21-Oct-14
Yesterday (10/20) I had four does come in at 730 and sit under an oak tree for 1.5 hrs eating acorns. They moved 100 yards and took a nap for 4 hrs. They woke up and commenced feeding again on acorns for another hour. After eating went back to bedding In the same spot till 530. Woke up and moved back off to where they came from in the morning. So...in twelve hours in stand four does stayed in a 100 yard circle. You tell me...lots of acorns equals little reason to move. Food and a place to safe place to sleep close together seems like a plan to me.

22-Oct-14
Checked cameras today, one property 5 does and small 4 ptr on camera last two nights , the other property does and small 6 coming we might be turning the corner here. Hope the big boys start showing up , have yet to hunt this year but off to nebraska and Kansas first two weeks of November so excited about that.

• Sitka Gear