LimeyMotors 22-Oct-14
SmoothieJonez 22-Oct-14
Ace 22-Oct-14
SmoothieJonez 22-Oct-14
BOBHUNT71 22-Oct-14
chriscsg 22-Oct-14
bigjoe 22-Oct-14
20-Oct-14
Just wondering how many folks out there are using lighted nocks and what brands are you using.

21-Oct-14
Nockturnal lighted S nocks. Never had one malfunction after releasing arrow. Very bright & easy to turn off. I've had the same set of 3 now for 3+ years.

21-Oct-14
I tried the Nockturnal S nocks as well. A couple of things turned me off on them. They double the weight to the back end of the arrow, so FOC and POI are changed. I'm not independently wealthy, so I can't afford to install them on all my arrows. The other problem I ran into was two of the three did not fit very tight in the shafts, and one was lost while I was testing them.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of lighted nocks, but the execution, and QC needs some work.

21-Oct-14

Birdman's Link
I tried lumenocks and hated them because of the fit and they seemed to be tempermental not to mention expensive.

Tried Nockturnals pretty much the same issues as the lumenoks.

I tried the ones at the link due to price. They are flawless, fit better and definately cheaper! I believe they are After Burn nocks, you can get them on ebay as well.

21-Oct-14
So expensive. My #1 arrow has one, which I have nocked early and late. At a calm moment I switch it out. Haven't shot #1 yet

21-Oct-14
Easton tracers. Love the solid light when fired then after 30 sec they start blinking. Super easy to find with blinking light. Tried other brands and came back to easton tracers because of the blinking light. Just know that 1 in 4 that you buy will act funny. Basically plan on tossing one of the 4 before the season is over. The rest will work for years in my experience.

21-Oct-14
Nocktournals have worked well for me for several years. I have no difference that my shooting ability can display regarding my POI. I have had the same one on my "A" arrow for hunting for a few years, and have older ones on the B C and D arrow. On the range I shoot a few with and a few without. Works well for me.

21-Oct-14
Lumenok. Never an issue. Work EVERYTIME and no change in impact with arrows equipped or not.

22-Oct-14
I use Nocturnal S Pink. Brightest of all colors, never had an issue.

22-Oct-14
im trying noctournals this year . to Easton tracers credit , they are great but frustrating knowing that you have to toss one because of reliability issues .

22-Oct-14
My question is how to get the existing nock out without ruining the arrow? I used tape and still mangled the end of the arrow trying to pull it out with pliers.

22-Oct-14
I've never did any work on these fancy new carbon arrows but when ever I had to work on alumiun or wood arrows A heat gun ( a Hair Dyrer on steroids) would lossen most glues and allow me to remove a nock. A Hot Glue stick would put a new nock on. Just how I did it when I taught archery at summer camps for 15+ years . -Duncan

22-Oct-14
Certain manufactured preassembled arrows have epoxied or glued nocks and in that case, like LM mentioned above - a little heat with lighter or heating gun will loosen them up. The key is making sure the nock is lined up with odd colored fletching.

I've had many kills and more importantly, recoveries and recovered arrows using lighted nocks. If you are concerned with cost, they pay for themselves in regards if you lost an arrow with broadhead.

Unless you are looking to record P&Y kill, than don't use lighted nocks - they are not recognized with P&Y criteria and your entry would be disqualified.

22-Oct-14
P&Y has changed that Smoothie. Just this year I believe.

Depending on which side you come down on, it's either the end of the world, or the best thing P&Y ever did.

22-Oct-14

SmoothieJonez's Link
I stand corrected. Now I don't have to worry about switching out arrows when Big Louie steps into my shooting lane.

Pope & Young The Rules of Fair Chase

The term “Fair Chase” shall not include the taking of animals under the following conditions:

*Helpless in a trap, deep snow or water, or on ice. *From any power vehicle or power boat. *By “jacklighting” or shining at night. *By the use of any tranquilizers or poisons. *While inside escape-proof fenced enclosures. *By the use of any power vehicle or power boats for herding or driving animals, including use of aircraft to land alongside or to communicate with or direct a hunter on the ground. *By the use of electronic devices for attracting, locating or pursuing game or guiding the hunter to such game, or by the use of a bow or arrow to which any electronic device is attached with the exception of lighted nocks and recording devices that cast no light towards the target and do not aid in rangefinding, sighting or shooting the bow. *Any other condition considered by the Board of Directors as unacceptable.

22-Oct-14
Easton Tracers have been The best for me , they fit the shaft tight and rarely come on by themselves and seem to last the longest . Nockturnals fall out unless you glue them in and would be my 2nd choice because they have some great colors and are bright when lit.

22-Oct-14
I have shied away from the lighted nocks because P&Y restriction. I really use that as guidance as to what is and isn't fair chase. It's nice to know they've changed their guidelines.

22-Oct-14
Nocturnals, pink deffenty the brightest color.i used luminocs until I tried nocturnals way better fit and the on off switch is awesome. I am shooting easton fmj 400 with muzzy 4 blades and poi is no different is very slight if any out to 50 yrds

• Sitka Gear