Duke 21-Oct-14
Jeff in MN 22-Oct-14
Crusader dad 24-Oct-14
RJN 24-Oct-14
Firsty 25-Oct-14
GBTG 25-Oct-14
thesquid 26-Oct-14
21-Oct-14
Doubles in this sense is you shot two off the same stand in the same day.

Mine came as the rut was starting to ramp up, a doe came by kind of fast and stoped for a perfect shot. I shot her, she turned down hill and piled up.

About a minute later an 8 pointer is following fast along the same path the doe came from. He goes right past where I shot the doe but stops when he realizes he lost her scent. He is looking for where she went and testing the wind when my 125 gr thunderhead caught up with him. It was a long recovery on him, liver hit went about 500 yards before bedding down.

21-Oct-14
1 triple , quite a few doubles, never involved a buck.

21-Oct-14
Could have attempted a number of doubles and more through the years, but prefer only one track/gut/drag a day! No ATV access here. ;) Did shoot a double once on a buck and a ruffed grouse — lucky wing/body shot and had to climb down and ring its neck. Great memory as my dad came out and took a photo. That was first (and only) year I've used lighted nocks, back when they first came out (90s). Once those gave up the ghost didn't purchase any new ones. Might again some day. Many turkey, goose and duck doubles!

21-Oct-14
10+ years ago - opening morning bow season - shot a doe then a wide 8 pointer. I shot the doe first and while waiting to track two bucks passed by, both 3.5 year olds, I shot the goofy racked 8 pointer. He dressed at 192 lbs, my biggest to date.

Several+ years ago as well, double on two does during the late season. Thought I missed the first one. Shot the second one and shortly after watched the first one drop over. I was surprised to say the least. Luckily, I had two doe tags in my possession. I will never do that again.

My youngest, two years ago during the youth hunt (gun), shot a doe, turkey and squirrel all that weekend. Okay, not the same day, the turkey and squirrel were :).He has happy as a Lark.

This spring, gun as well, my oldest and I shot two Tom's running in to our set up. Three came in, only one left. That was a great morning. I hadn't planned to take my gun, my son insisted, I did. He reminds me of that from time to time. BC

21-Oct-14
Two years ago shot a doe and 12 minutes later shot a good buck. Thought I shot a buck in the 160 but buck came left to right got to buck opposite antler was only main beam. Would have been in the 160s but didn't make book with broken tines. Still pulled off the double with the bow. Did it 5 times with gun but stopped gun hunting since I can carry my bow during gun season.

21-Oct-14
Seven years ago - on my birthday! (2 does)

Did it again three years later. (buck and doe)

21-Oct-14
Never. I could have a bunch of times but dragging and processing one deer at a time is enough.

When the rut picks up I don't shoot does. I use them as natural decoys and I don't want to spook a buck that might be coming around.

21-Oct-14
Rifle 2 bucks (8 and 12 pointer)doe and a bear Little over a minute. Yes they were all legal

21-Oct-14
Rifle 2 bucks (8 and 12 pointer)doe and a bear Little over a minute. Yes they were all legal. Numerous doubles on bucks and 3 bucks one morning. All rifle in Northern Wi.

21-Oct-14
In 2005, I had a buck chasing two does come right to my stand, I grunted to get the buck to stop, as I was already at full draw. After taking another look, I decided the buck needed another year, I re-aimed at one of the does he was chasing. She ran 30 yards and dropped. The other doe walked over to her fallen companion, and I dropped her as well.

That is the only true "double" I've had with my bow. I have however had numerous gun season doubles (buck & doe)

21-Oct-14
One... Years back I shot my largest Minnesota buck, a heavy chocolate racked nine point (the only deer I regret not mounting) in Minnesota as he was corralling an old doe for nearly a half hour by my stand back and forth, back and forth... She probably blew 50+ times as she was not ready/in the mood for McLovin. The doe finally brought him by me and I put a perfect shot on him. She stopped, as to take a breather and relax as she was very winded and I delivered a perfect shot on her. The two died within 100 yards of one another. Then the work began...

22-Oct-14
Good stories. As long has we are covering gun kills here is my first gun double. I was 13 years old so it was a long time ago. When I was 12 I saw a lot of doe but no bucks. On Sunday morning the following year (first time sitting on stand by myself) an 8 pointer comes by at about 30 yards and I took him down with one shot. Dad came over, taged it and showed my how gutting goes. He goes back to stand telling me to shoot another one and hardly sat down when I shot a spike. Buck was still flopping a little when dad got there and I finished him off with dad's gun (previously grandpas gun) because I was now getting low on my allocated limit of 5 rounds of 8mm ammo for the season. Talked dad into showing me how to do that gutting thing one more time. :-)

Next day I almost shot another 8 pointer at about 25 yards, as I was about to shoot he must have sensed I was there and crawled away out of sight. Only time I have ever seen that happen.

24-Oct-14
I shot two trees in one morning last year, got back to camp and realized my sight was off six inches left at 20 yds

24-Oct-14
I've taken a few double shots on my birthday. :)

25-Oct-14
Never that sounds like alot of work.....

25-Oct-14
3X on does with bow

26-Oct-14
three (bow) four (shotgun)

• Sitka Gear