therealdeal 21-Oct-14
Jeff in MN 22-Oct-14
Bucks_n_Gobblers 22-Oct-14
Ravenjake 22-Oct-14
Jeff in MN 22-Oct-14
Bucks_n_Gobblers 23-Oct-14
21-Oct-14

Naz MacBook's Link
If any of you are close enough, I'd encourage you to make the time to check this out. The Great Lakes Wolf Patrol and its controversial activist leader Rod Coronado have set up a presentation at 7:30 p.m. tonight at Northland College.

I've commented on some of the blogs, just to gauge their response, and none have yet survived moderation (big surprise). That's just one of the reasons I believe this is more about publicity and "making a living" than it is about concern for the wolves.

Made this comment after watching the video: "I think he did a great job; seems like a very ethical outdoorsman. The two sides could learn much from each other with more non-confrontational meetings such as this. Sadly, there will always be some extreme folks on both sides of the issue who are unwilling to listen to the other’s viewpoints."

21-Oct-14
I guess I don't get what they mean by 'caught in the act' Thought the trapper was nice and informative to the two ladies.

What is the rule on trapping (I am not familiar), was he doing something wrong besides be nice to them?

21-Oct-14
kill them all.

21-Oct-14

Naz MacBook's Link
Bucks, I'm guessing Corondo is just trying to get more of the uninformed fired up enough with misleading info to donate money; he can make a living playing off their emotions. I hope a bunch of the anti-types actually watch this so they can see how respectful he was — definitely not the stereotype trapper that you can read about on the anti forums.

Wolf trapping regs linked. I only did a quick scan, but don't think he was doing anything wrong. And, correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I don't think a trap left out after the season closes is an "illegal trap" as he stated in another post, is it? I mean, couldn't you continue to try to trap for a coyote or fox, for example, since those seasons are open?

21-Oct-14
yes

22-Oct-14
As long as you have a general trapping license and the general trapping season is open (as it was starting on day 4 of the wolf season) I am pretty sure you could leave the trap past the wolf closure. (general trapping license not required for wolf trapping, it is included in your wolf license)

Well traveled road? Really?

Cannot set a wolf trap within 50' of a road that appears on the county road map because the only way you can dispatch a wolf is with a gun and you cannot shoot a gun within 50' of or toward a road on the county map. This does not look like that kind of road.

I would sure pull any trap that I know an anti hunter knows is there.

22-Oct-14
I would also think this is considered hunter harassment if they were WATCHING the traps all the time...thus harassing the area they are hunting. And it is on video!! LOL

Thanks for the info, I am learning concerning this as well since I never trapped.

22-Oct-14
I am pretty sure these are dumby traps to keep the Anti's from the others. The one trapper in the video is way too knowledgeable. The way he smiling and asking questions..he knew what was up...lol

22-Oct-14
Darn right for someone to intentionally hang around a trap site is harassment. But probably really hard to prosecute since they are harassing the trap and not the trapper. Looked like game camera video tho.

23-Oct-14
Out of curiosity I have been following this site... like I said, I am not a trapper/wolf hunter but man - they sure seem misinformed.

I was reading what they want banned....wow!!!....

- A ban on all wolf trapping on public lands.

- The ouster of Cathy L. Stepp, Director of WDNR, for failing miserably to represent our Wisconsin ecosystems’ needs for wolf recovery since the 2011 federal delisting of the gray wolf from endangered species protections.

- The dismantling of the Wolf Advisory Committee, to be replaced with a group of citizens with equal members of hunters and non-hunters.

- A ban on the year-round allowance of hound training and hunting on public lands.

- The implementation of a six-mile buffer zone around all tribal lands.

- The legislative end to the hound hunting of wolves.

- The raising of the allowable population of wolves in Wisconsin from 350 to 1,500.

• Sitka Gear