Are you kidding me?
New York
Contributors to this thread:
Aubs8 22-Oct-14
dockeating 22-Oct-14
scentman 23-Oct-14
SILVERADO 23-Oct-14
22-Oct-14
Hi. My daughters (8 & 12) and I have been hunting a great deal so far this season and are having a blast. PA is a short distance from us, and their practices regarding youth hunting are outstanding.

Yesterday after work, I hurried home (25 min), picked-up my youngest, drove 20 min. to a spot on state land where I previously saw 8 bucks before the season and got settled in for a great time.

30 minutes into our hunt, I look-up to see a hunter appearing directly across the field. I stand-up and wave so he sees us. It appears as though he is ignoring me. I then grab an orange vest I have with me so there is no doubt... He continues to ignore me and sits down along the edge of the field directly in my daughter's shooting lane 80 yards away!

To add insult to injury, as I was waving the orange vest, I look to my left where a doe and fawn busted us and blew-out just before entering the field.

Shortly after as I'm contemplating our situation, my little one shares with me it is not safe for him to be there because "he is right there."

With about 40 minutes of hunting left, we got-up and moved, eventually seeing another doe.

Not sure exactly why I'm posting (therapy of sorts)....

That was the most rude, inconsiderate, and obnoxious display I have ever experienced from another hunter. My daughter and I still had a great time with each other, and we did not let him affect our experience. In fact, we used this as a great lesson with respect to ethics and safety, something I know she will always remember.

Take care. Mike

22-Oct-14
Rude and disrespectful. You're a better man than me because I would've walked over and told him that you're trying to teach your daughters the right way to hunt and how to be ethical, meanwhile this guy is everything that's wrong with hunters.

Sorry that happened dude.

23-Oct-14
I feel your pain... there is a name for guy's like that, "slob hunter".

23-Oct-14
Sorry to hear, that sucks. Some people have Absolutly no brains or class. Glad your are teaching your young ones the right way.

• Sitka Gear