Bennett2012 23-Oct-14
gcoleman 23-Oct-14
sundaynwv 23-Oct-14
Longbeard 23-Oct-14
Bennett2012 24-Oct-14
gcoleman 24-Oct-14
Longbeard 24-Oct-14
22-Oct-14

Just a question - I was looking at regs and I am planning to shoot a doe tomorrow if I see one. Got me to thinking rather or not I should use an N doe tag or my bow tag. If I am reading the regs right if I decided to shoot a second buck I cannot shoot a second buck until I use either my bow tag or my 1st RB tag on a doe. It is not that you can shoot a doe and use either an RB tag or an N tag before you can shoot a second buck on either of your Rb tags - am I reading it correctly?

22-Oct-14
You can only use an archery tag to harvest a doe before your second archery buck. I assume one could use an additional archery tag to harvest a doe after a firearm buck was harvested so you can harvest a second firearm buck since a bow may be substituted for a firearm in firearm season but a gun may not be substituted for a bow.

Clear as mud. I still do not understand that deer may be checked in any order but you have to use your base license first.

22-Oct-14
huh? OMG I can't understand those regs.

22-Oct-14
I am pretty sure I have it right. Thank you!

22-Oct-14
Plus, one cannot use this early season doe killed with a gun to count for bow or for the upcoming gun season in regards of killing a doe before the second buck. It's not earn a buck, but harvesting a doe between the two bucks either via bow or gun.

22-Oct-14
A Class N doe does NOT count towards the doe harvested before a second archery buck. It must be taken with a bow and checked in as an additional bow tag to count towards being able to harvest your second archery buck.

Plus does taken in counties that do not have the doe before a second buck rule do NOT count.

22-Oct-14
Sundaynwv, I believe if you take a doe on the Class N in the early doe season, that fills the requirement of a doe before a second buck in gun season. Check under the "Current News" on the DNR site. There's an article on the early doe season and it states it there.

If I'm misunderstanding what you stated before sorry.

Aaron

22-Oct-14
Didn't mean to get off the RB topic.

Aaron

23-Oct-14
I'm with ALW on this per the DNR site. Take a doe now during the early season will count as the doe you have to take before filling your second RB tag. Regs are about as confusing as they can make them, though!

23-Oct-14
I can't tell how many deer I can legally take between land owner and extra tags or what order they need to be in they need to make two sets of regulations one for the politicians (the one we have now) and another one that is dumbed down for me something black and white no gray areas

23-Oct-14
hey kent I thought you gone under,, no hear from you in coons age

23-Oct-14
ALW,

You are right. However, I can remember a guy asking a DNR officer last year if his early season doe meet the requirements for harvesting a doe before the second buck in gun season and he was told no.

23-Oct-14
Still alive George.... Been way too busy lately. Have MAYBE 6 hours in the treestand so far this year. First year in 40 that I've not hunted opening day. Fished twice since May. Never moved my boat this summer...Honeydo list is COMPLETED 100% this Sunday afternoon, then it's GAME ON!

24-Oct-14
There is no end to the honeydo list

24-Oct-14
kent same here,,, boat out twice,, in tree maybe 6 hours,, kids are building a log home out on bunkers ridge past your place guess, where I get to spend time ?

24-Oct-14
Bennett2012, Most times I would agree with ya, but not this time. She Who Must Be Obeyed has informed me that I'm officially done when I finish out the last couple things and it's time to go hunt.

George, Been following the progress on Linds' facebook page. Lot of work going on there!

• Sitka Gear