Naz MacBook 22-Oct-14
ACU bowhunter 22-Oct-14
JackPine Acres 22-Oct-14
smokey 22-Oct-14
live2hunt 22-Oct-14
Antler Whore 23-Oct-14
22-Oct-14

Naz MacBook's Link
You can believe what you want, but I've always been a skeptic of "rut calendars" based on the moon phase. This would seem to confirm that skepticism.

22-Oct-14
True but I think it effects daylight rut activity almost certainly. Which is really what its all about.

22-Oct-14
I don't think it has an affect on southern states because the rut is so drawn out and fawns being dropped at certain times isn't as important as in the north.

I believe something does occur in the north when it comes to moon phases but that doesn't mean I won't be in a stand on my favorite days to hunt in November.

Let's face it, we all have a limited number of days in a treestand due to work, family, etc... Get in a treestand when you can and enjoy the scene of nature in front of you.

22-Oct-14

smokey's Link
The QDMA article with the graph.

22-Oct-14
I think it happens the same time geographically in the wild heard every year. The biggest factor in seen activity is heat. If it is too hot, there will be more activity during night time hours.

23-Oct-14
Having a stud buck and a extremely good looking doe would definitely effect breeding .. A little wine never hurts either.. but Moon?? Don't really matter on less it sheds light on the subject.

• Sitka Gear