Big-Otis-Jeff 24-Oct-14
Babysaph 24-Oct-14
WVBOWHUNTER 24-Oct-14
Babysaph 25-Oct-14
bubbastump 28-Oct-14
23-Oct-14

bubbastump's embedded Photo
bubbastump's embedded Photo
so this strange monster showed up on a buddys trail camera in Jefferson County. What is it? It can't be a deer cause a buck that old is unheard of in Jefferson County with a rack like that too... Impossible The local poachers wont allow that to happen. A mountain buck at that. No local farms to browse the area. The kicker is its not to far from the WMA.

24-Oct-14
There are some big bucks in Jefferson County. I had one that would go around 140" about 60 yards from me couldn't close the deal. Think a decoy would have sealed the deal. If that is by the WNA Shannondale Springs there are some decent bucks that come out of there around 120". I have seen one come off the mountain in 2009 that scored 150" and it was a rifle kill on private property on the Blue Ridge Mountains. You just need to hike up the mountain close to the boundary to get away from the crowds. It backs up to the Harpers Ferry National Park Service.

24-Oct-14
Looks 2.5 to me.

24-Oct-14
Looks young to me as well...couple more years will do him some good

24-Oct-14
I am hunting a property that borders the Harpers Ferry Park.,some big bucks for sure

24-Oct-14
That's exactly right JR. that park service property serves as a sanctuary and that is how they are able to grow and reach full maturity. Bubba I don't know if you know "Beanie" Brian Whittington a member of Friendship fire co or not but he killed a monster in 2012 right off Hostler road on private property that I would say go at least 160". I will guarantee you that deer came off the top of the mountain off Park service property searching for does. I will try to get a pic and post but he's a monster. I agree with Gobbler that deer is about 2.5. You give him another 2-3 years and I bet you will be surprised. They are here in Jefferson co.

25-Oct-14
The property I am hunting has some huge bucks on it. No shots yet

28-Oct-14
Lol the property I sit on and mainly watch the neighborhood kids chase the deer off with their soccer playing or bicycles. I saw a 4 pt @55 yards and a 2 pt shows up on the camera. But all nocturnal and I haven't been out there for 2 weeks, I can only go off what pics people show me. And may be a while now that I need to see a cardiologist for my ticker not ticking right.

• Sitka Gear