Birdman 23-Oct-14
CJD437 23-Oct-14
bigbuckbob 23-Oct-14
BOBHUNT71 23-Oct-14
Birdman 23-Oct-14
bigbuckbob 24-Oct-14
BOBHUNT71 24-Oct-14
23-Oct-14
If anyone is interested we have openings in our club. The New Britain Hunting and Fishing club is actually located in Colchester. We own approx 150 acres in Colchester and lease approx 700 acres in Union. We have about 85 members presently. We offer deer, turkey, stocked pheasant, small game, stocked trout pond, rifle range, full kitchen, pavillion, camping etc. Casual family style club. Dues are presently 420.00/year. Check out our Facebook page. For mor info PM me. Thanks

23-Oct-14
CJD

now there's something I didn't know. I belong to Bristol F&G and our dues are just $150.00/yr. soo really surprised to hear what other clubs pay.

We have a trout stocked fish pond, sporting clays, trap, skeet, rifle range, pistol range, 28 target archery range with 3D life size animal, archery target range, a bar, meeting hall, barn for indoor archery in winter, raise some of our own phesants on sity, and several hundred acres for upland game only.

We once had about 3500 members and now we're down to around 2500 I think.

23-Oct-14
Niantic Sportsmens Club: $300/year(+ state "luxury tax")less (available) $40 work party credit, awesome 40 target 3D course & archery range, indoor and outdoor pistol ranges, rifle range, skeet. 300 acres with aggressive land acquisition program. 800+ members at present.

23-Oct-14
I belong to the Fin Fur and Feather club in Chaplin, 3 stocked ponds, 8 trap, 8 skeet, covered 50 yard pistol range, covered 200 yard rifle, stocked pheasant, deer, field trial area, pavilion, clubhouse, full bar, kitchen, 300 acres owned, 1500 acres leased. Dues $150/year, $50/year capital improvement assessment, $50/year land assessment, 10 hours work time required. 400 or so members, jr memberships available as well.

23-Oct-14
Im sure there are alot of nice clubs out there but we are a smaller club that really offers alot. Very little hunting pressure since we only have 80+ members and quite abit of land to use. Ive been to Bristol and thats a great club. Almost joined a few years ago but I liked the smaller club. Thanks for the feedback.

23-Oct-14
Birdman,

you club sounds like Bristol. We also have the field trial area, but we don't require work duties, just volunteers.

BTW - how many deer do they stock? :)

23-Oct-14
Bigbuckbob how do you join the club is there an additional start up fee before the yearly dues kicks in I'm in Wolcott and want to get into a local club just to get the Wife out and myself shooting the guns , the bow range was small when I took my bow course there back in 1983 so I'm sure thats grown. Also on the rifle range what is the yardage I've got a Ruger Scout I've been trying to get out and sight in.I also have a 4 yr old son who loves to shoot but only air guns in the back yard now. Is it open to shoot at during the week or is it a weekend thing shooting.

23-Oct-14
Bigbuckbob we stock them when they are very very small. The are so many of them, they are often mistaken for Mice.

24-Oct-14
BOBHUNT71

I've been a member there for 46 years and the archery range has always had the 28 target course through the woods plus the target range right next to the club house, and now the winter shooting range in the barn. Kinda surprised to hear you say it's small.

There is an initiation fee but not sure how much, but you should be able to find that on their website. The rifle range is covered and I think the distance there is 125 yards, but I haven't used it in 30 years since I only do bow, so they may have increased the yardage.

Since we hunt during the upland game season on all club grounds, everything is closed during the season except on Sundays. However when the hunting season is closed then you can use the archery and gun ranges any time. Your kids will enjoy the pond too, they stock it heavy in the beginning of the year.

24-Oct-14
Sounds good yea maybe because we where only there for a class they only showed us a 20 yard target range . I can understand the hunting season and range closed part and yea my little ones love to fish . Thanks for the info I'll look for the Web site.

• Sitka Gear