sweet old bill 20-Nov-14
thphtm 20-Nov-14
JTV 20-Nov-14
wildan 26-Nov-14
bow shot 28-Nov-14
Ace of Spades 29-Nov-14
bow shot 30-Nov-14
23-Oct-14
Anyone else seeing more buck movement the last few days? I'm in southern Erie Co. and have seen 4 decent size bucks since Monday all on the hoof during daylight and dusk. Unfortunately I was in my truck all 4 times but it is encouraging. This weekend looks warm again but it may not matter if the does are starting to show a little interest. Might be time to get out the Concord Whitetail Scents in the mix.

23-Oct-14
saw my first scrape today, that kinda gets me going... oh, nice plug by the way... lol!

23-Oct-14
Just starting to see some scrapes get opened up but it has been extremely slow lately. Hopefully things start picking up now

24-Oct-14

Peepin Tom's Link
Ha, a shameless plug indeed but they are great folks and have the freshest product around.

I'm in 9H and I agree that is has been extremely slow, but again last night around 10:30 I let my dogs out back and I could here deer blowing at them so I grabbed my spot light (for sight enhancement only) and shot a beam out to the food plot and sure enough it was a medium size buck standing with 2 doe. Just hoping to see a few this weekend to get the heart going a little instead of having my only excitement be winning my game of solitaire!!

Good Luck.

27-Oct-14
Any action over the weekend?

27-Oct-14
As expected from the visuals I was getting from the truck the deer were a bit more active this weekend, of course it is very early so only the smaller bucks were on the move in the day/eve’s but it was nice to see some horns. Friday eve I had a really nice young 8pt walking around my stand just shopping for greens and sniffin around for about 20 mins which got the heart goin nice. Saturday morning a small 6pt fork horn came in under my stand and made a scrape then pissed in it, he grabbed a couple apples and of he went. I saw a couple more small one pass quickly by but they were too far to count and only viewed in the glasses. The wind Sat evening into Sunday shut things down a little but I still enjoyed the hunt and look forward to taking my yearly pilgrimage to Steuben county this weekend…A Halloween buck would be nice.

27-Oct-14
Thanks for the update! I hope to get out to hunt soon, for now I'm staying home taking care of my newest hunting partner :)

Josh

27-Oct-14
Nice Josh, congrats!

27-Oct-14
saw a small buck standing along side the road Sunday as I was headed out in the morning, I have only night pictures the last couple of weeks.

28-Oct-14
Thanks! Last year my daughter was born I shot an 8 PT the first day back out hunting after... Hopefully I can do the same for my son this year!

Josh

29-Oct-14
No real movement in Westchester yet. I jumped a few deer going to and from my stand, but I haven't seen any new scrapes or any chasing. YET

02-Nov-14
HUNTED TUES,WED THURS AND FRI IN HANCOCK SPEND ALL DAY IN THE TREE STAND AND DID NOT SEE A DEER,VERY STRANGE,MY FRIEND ONLY SAW A THREE PT.ALL THE PICTURES ON THE CAMERA WERE NITE SHOTS.

02-Nov-14
I heard Pat had a movement...check out his live hunt.

03-Nov-14
Ha 3 doe come by the ground blind at about 45 mile a hour speed. Then 5 minute later a big 8 point buck that was doing 55 mile a hour at about 40 yards away. So the chase period is starting. I sure had my heart in my hand when I saw this big guy and sure wished he was closer and just walking.

07-Nov-14
11/6 came in as it started raining real hard. Had a cup of coffee and checked out the back hill with spotting scope. There walking across the back hill in the rain is a very large buck, had to be over 140 class, had over 10 points. He was the biggest buck I ever have seen in the area. I sure hope he comes past my ground blind today..

07-Nov-14
Nothing much moving by me, only one nice 8 pointer that has been crossing the road on the way to town around the same time for the last 2 mornings. SOB take a compose before you go out, just in case he walks within shooting distance.

07-Nov-14
The weather in WNY looks like its gonna be rough this weekend but it also sounds like the deer really started going on Wednesday and have been up and sniffing for does since. I checked the WNY Hunting site and some big boys have been taking dirt naps so I'm hoping this weekend will be the one. Good Luck fellas and bring some chili to warm the bones...not to mention Uncle Jack as well.

07-Nov-14
I'm seeing does locked up with bucks, and some heavy chasing going on... it's on boys! I have been on a cousin Evan Williams budget Peep. :0)

07-Nov-14
I have to be honest SM, I have gone that route myself and for my Whiskey Gingers it works just fine!

08-Nov-14
we had 3 inches of snow overnight, it is cold and clear, will make a good day to be in the blind. I just have natural brush and sit in back of three trees etc.. I do have problems with it starting to get real cold, have COPD, also 73 that means I pee a lot...can sit for about two hours and then got to walk and take a pee. Did see a great 4 point young buck with a doe last night at 430 pm, with the snow coming down.

08-Nov-14
Keep plugging SOB, hope to have snow in 9h... good tracking after the shot!

I have been hunting right on the ground this season after many up in a tree... no comparison, I had a button buck sniffing the muzzy broad head at one foot yesterday afternoon... that was COOL!

09-Nov-14
the current weather has me sitting in the house, tried yesterday to go out and hunt a few hours, while as I got ready to walk in my COPD kicked in and I was down for the count for the rest of the day. I tried just going out about noon and still the COPD kicked in again, just can not get air into the lungs...

I have not smoked for now 20+ years, but from 18 to 50 I would smoke 2 packs a day.

My next step may be to have those Oxygen cylinders to walk around.

So if you have a child or you are a adult who does smoke, please try to quit. Or you may later on in life have the health issue I have, I sure am missing hunting this year.

09-Nov-14
Sorry to hear about your health problem SOB , I am the same age and smoked the same as you did.I have had shortness of breath for the last 5 years. + a faulty heart valve. Just a hint an ATV or UTV would be your best friend at our age for moving around.I hunt my own property and that is what I have been using for a few years.

09-Nov-14
had a button buck walk up to me to ten to ft. grunting i was on theground half hr later he comes back and does it again he got a pass

09-Nov-14
He is trying to get you to do something,Challenge you, most of them will do that, there like a young teen with no fear.

11-Nov-14
I hunt in area 7J. I hunted as follows:

11/7 Fri PM - saw 3 does

11/8 Sat - Hunted am, saw 4 point chasing 2 does as well as 2 other bucks strafing a field near my stand.

11/9 Sunday - Hunted all day - Saw 4 bucks, the biggest being a 14" wide 6 point with 4 - 5" tines. Evening was much slower than the morning.

11/10 Mon - Hunted most of the day. Saw 3 bucks in AM. Biggest was a ~120" 8 point. One was a button? had polished points off his head that were visible at 80 yds with 10x binoculars. His body though looked a big as any deer I saw yesterday! Had 2 different spikes come by in the afternoon at a different stand.

Basically, 12 bucks over 3 days. My impression is that the bucks were/are moving. NOW is the time to be out there!

We also got a pciture of a 120 - 130" 9 point passing a stand at 11:16 AM. Of course, nobody was in that stand on Friday. We were on Sat & Sun, but he chose not to appear!

>>>>-------->

14-Nov-14
Hunted 7J this morning, 11/14: lots of chasing, several small bucks.

They were oblivious to me doing jumping jacks in the tree, me making way too much noise, them down wind, crossing my boot prints…

lol!!

14-Nov-14
… and scrapes are being re-freshened. I passed several on the way out that were covered with snow on the way in… maybe 7 or 8 of 'em

14-Nov-14
New scrapes in 3N area. I'm so fired up for tmrw morning!! good luck everyone!

15-Nov-14
Still chasing 7J, but scrapes weren't hit again (fresh snow on top) Activity started at about 10:30 and I had to quit at noon… That really hurt!!!

19-Nov-14
is anyone out there hunting in this cold and snow ????

I am sitting next to the pellet stove and have a cup of coffee in my hand and good book to read. My COPD will not allow me to even try to sit out in this cold...

19-Nov-14
I am with you SOB, someone just asked me that an hour actuality them the wind and I do not like each other and a cold wind even more so.Been doing the same going threw old catalog and magizanes and deep fixing a lot of them should get warmer for the weekend by what they are saying.

19-Nov-14

20-Nov-14
I saw two deer from the house at 2 PM. nothing else, did not see any of the city hunters from LI, putting drives on with there 4 wheel, on the side hill. Most even be to cold for these young guys to be out for very long...

20-Nov-14
Had to go to town to get some food, went pat the local motel , suv's with atv on there trailers just sitting outside of the building.

20-Nov-14
Did anyone notice that when Doc posted his so called "Live Hunt" he used pictures he stole from 2 other websites... a true liberal he was to the end...he was thusly banned...it was a site to see when he was outed on the main forum....

26-Nov-14
Nov.25,any one hunting Northern NY at this time;the RUT is on big time.....bucks are running all over.

28-Nov-14
7H and 7J: hunted all week (11-24 through today 11-28, mornings and evenings), saw almost zero between 3 of us. I think a total of 7 sightings.

7J tomorrow.. hope things are a little better, lol!!

29-Nov-14
Where in 7J? I hunt by OF

30-Nov-14
I'm hunting South of Moravia in 7J

11-29, 7H was ghost town all day. Very few shots heard

• Sitka Gear