Knife2sharp 23-Oct-14
10orbetter 23-Oct-14
Tri-County 23-Oct-14
Two Feathers 23-Oct-14
stagetek 23-Oct-14
10orbetter 28-Oct-14
Hammer 28-Oct-14
23-Oct-14
we have an area w/ Jackpines and long grass that bucks like to use during the rut. A blind would be the best bet but the deer have not liked them in the past. Who has success w/ them and how? Bring them in and out everyday, leave them up all season, brush them in?? What about a mirror Ghostblind?

23-Oct-14
I've had luck with them--couple things that I think are crucial to happen to get older deer in range with them. 1) Need to get it brushed in, especially the top as this is what pops out on days with any sun light. 2) Let it sit as long as possible. 3)Use the pine straw and dirt around blind to push up next to bottom of blind to help keep human odor in.

23-Oct-14
I would avoid leaving one up all season for a couple reasons. Wind and UV light are not good for blinds. Putting one up for several days or a week or too are OK, but not for a couple/few months. If you hunt with a decoy in the open you don't need to brush the blind in, but if you hunt where cover is tighter it helps to brush it in.

I have both Ghostblinds for turkey hunting and I used the tall one once last year, while I was hunting in a cornfield covering a trail near some railroad tracks. I had a buck come up on the tracks just past legal shooting light and I was standing up moving around when I spotted him and he spotted me. I stayed motionless for a long as I could but when I tried reaching down for my binos to see if I could tell how big he was he bolted. I have a few setups where I want to try the Ghost Blind for deer, like thick field edges and shelter belts.

I think that's what makes the Ghostblind so versatilem is it's ability to replicate the surrounding cover as long as it's not overly windy.

23-Oct-14
Wausau, I have had bad luck with blinds even after dusting them in and using pine branches to cover them. I would lean toward hay stacked two high, even in that situation.

23-Oct-14
Ghillie suit and a chair. Sounds silly but I shot a nice buck 2yrs ago doing that on a brush/tag alder edge between bedding areas. I also walked up to 20 yds on another buck last year, they were both nose to the ground not paying attention so during the rut is your best bet since they have a one track mind.

23-Oct-14
Be concerned with hub design. Look for ones with steel cables in their hub designed.

Leaving them out for long periods of time is an invitation for problems. Heavy snows, even with the ceiling supported, can snap rods. However, if you do leave it in for a long time, it becomes part of the scenery for them.

I brush in my ground blinds.

First time sits are productive for does. They may shy when they first see it but curiosity kills the deer.

I had a ghost blind but used it sparingly over the time I had it. I sold it. Some times I wish I had it back. I didn't give it high marks on windy days. I did launch two misses from it.

Tri-County I have some asat 3d leafy camo that the deer just look through and don't see me. Doesn't sound silly to me.

Good luck!

23-Oct-14
They have worked great for me for turkeys, but have almost always been busted by deer. I've brushed them in, wore black, left them up all season, deer still pick them (me) out.

28-Oct-14

10orbetter's embedded Photo
10orbetter's embedded Photo
Here is one I have set for gun season

28-Oct-14
Make a stick blind

• Sitka Gear