Pete-pec 23-Oct-14
Naz MacBook 23-Oct-14
FiveRs 24-Oct-14
happygolucky 24-Oct-14
FiveRs 24-Oct-14
23-Oct-14

FiveRs's embedded Photo
FiveRs's embedded Photo
Are these pictures of the same buck? I think so. I only got 1 picture of him last year and it was only a couple days from exactly a year.

The camera is about 15 yards from where it was last year, last year the camera was in the double pine that you can see in the picture from this year.

This is the first "legal" buck I camera since June.

How old do you think he is? His rack isn't very big, even though he has decent mass, but he looks like he is standing on toothpicks for legs. He looks to be a huge deer this year and his front looks pretty heavy last year.

23-Oct-14
Yes. 3.5yo this year. No brows either year is rare unless that's a gene trait by you. Either way a good one to take out.

23-Oct-14
Sure looks like it.

23-Oct-14
3 1/2. looks the same to me also. Closer pic and you would know for sure.

23-Oct-14
Same buck, 3 1/2 yrs old. And he doesn't like that trail cam.

23-Oct-14
I think so... I like this game i have a few buck to run by you guys.

23-Oct-14
Looks the same to me AND 3.5 years old.

23-Oct-14
Not same deer. He's one year older, still showing his nocturnal instinct, and will be harder to kill.

In other words, (I believe) same deer, yet older and likely hightened senses!

Good luck!

23-Oct-14
Maybe it's the angle but second one's rack looks taller and a bit wider to me.

23-Oct-14
Kevin, did you notice it is a trail cam pic of a 2013 deer and a deer of this year?

I myself looked for a while and thought the same thing...until I reread the post asking if it was the same deer from two separate years? One is wider and taller....I concur! ;-)

23-Oct-14
LOL -- no, I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. Sorry - brain fart … ;)

24-Oct-14
I'll have to see if I can get another picture of him this year, I only had one last year. I can only guess that he has his summer range and his rutting range and my land is somewhere in the middle. I dug a water hole 2 weeks ago and that is where I have the camera now, he knows where it is now so he might come back for a drink after a chase.

24-Oct-14
Same deer. The single small brow tine on his left side is consistent too. I bet he'd be really tall next year if he makes it.

24-Oct-14
I'm not going to let him find out how tall he gets next year if he comes by within range.........unless I ran an arrow into another one just before he walks by.

• Sitka Gear