Naz MacBook 25-Oct-14
RUGER1022 25-Oct-14
RUGER1022 25-Oct-14
Hammer 25-Oct-14
>>>--arrow1--> 25-Oct-14
Zonks32 27-Oct-14
RUGER1022 27-Oct-14
23-Oct-14
OK had fun with the worst fail stories- now think back over the years. What's the biggest / funniest story you ever heard during deer hunting??? Usually grandpa had a few , the crazy uncle etc. Example- one time we were hunting the old bog swamp and John got lost in there... Trying to find his way out he jumps a big buck sees it head for the hardwoods and takes off after it. Every hill John crested, he'd see the tail just going down the other side. So the next hill he ran up to the top and timed his shot just right and shot that deer right in the ass. The deer now with a case of hot ass jumps vertically some 10 feet in the air, hangs itself by the antlers in an overhanging limb. Yeah. Real story told 100 times. Have fun a d dig deep

24-Oct-14
not a deer but a hog story, we were hog hunting in Texas this Girl shot a hog a few times but he wasnt down yet and she was out of arrows, So I said I will try and pull one out so you can shoot him again, so I get close reach out gab arrow , start pulling Hog comes running full bore at me I fall over backwards In a huge Catus bush, major pain, so im standing there in my underwear with like 7 people pulling catus out of everywhere on my body, I hurt for weeks,

24-Oct-14
A few years ago I shot a buck with my bow. The particular stand was not too far in from the road along a slashing and a swamp/creek. When I shot the deer, he was facing the road and after the hit he went directly toward the forest road. Knowing it was a good hit and it would not go far and that he was going toward the road, I got down right away and started after it. Half way on the track I could hear a vehicle and people talking, then it took off. I started moving faster on the track after that. I got up to where I could see the road, and there is my deer laying in the middle of it. The people that had drove up were down by my truck yelling back in the woods that they found my deer. I had the drag the deer off the road to dress it. It was the most perfect deer I ever shot.

24-Oct-14
Once when I was sharpening my Hilbre heads by lantern light I got them so sharp the shadow from the blades cut the leg off a chair and the tail off the cat.

24-Oct-14
Killed a 146 inch 6 point and 8 Turkeys with 1 shot in MO. 1977 .Details later.

24-Oct-14
This story is "TRUE" as all of the hunters that were present, swear to this day, that it is 100% true.

Mid to late 1970's. One of the hunters in my group drops a buck (described as the largest buck to ever roam the Polk County woods), and along with his son, then get down to go gut the buck.

As they approach the area where the buck (nearly 500 pounds, and a rack so big, that it appeared he had glued a rocking chair to his head) dropped in his tracks, they realize the buck is no longer there.

They spent hours searching the area, but nothing is ever found but the blood pool from where the deer had dropped upon being shot.

This tree stand thus became named "NowYouSeeHimNowYouDon't" until its demise years later.

Just a few years later, in the same stand, the same hunter and son shoot and drop another monster buck (supposedly almost as big as the the one from a few years earlier.)

This time the father and son get down, and approach the downed buck. Getting out their buck knives and beginning to fill out their tag. The buck suddenly jumped up and ran off, never to be seen again!

Legend says he still roams the Polk County woods, crawling thru swamps, digging his own tunnels, and even learning how to climb trees to avoid hunters.

As we tell the youngsters in our hunting group, "keep your ears tuned to detail, your eyes tuned for movement, and your mouth closed; and you might just get a chance at the PHANTOM"

25-Oct-14

Naz MacBook's Link
This will probably get one or two whiny types rattled, but I think this constitutes a WHOPPER deer story! Huge IA buck but be forewarned, don't watch if you are opposed to seeing one of the biggest free-range bucks ever caught on video (and want to cry foul to editors because it's not shot with a bow).

25-Oct-14
I'm in Kansas city working a big construction job and can't get back to WI for gun season . One of the iron workers invites me to his uncles farm near Branson .

The farmer leads me up to the top of a steep hill at 5 AM . He tells me to watch the valley floor when the sun comes up and to follow the fence back to the farm .

When the sun comes up I look over to the fence and theres about 1,000 White Turkeys looking at me from just 10 feet . I hear oak leaves rustling down below and see this big buck looking for Acorns .

I fire and all heck breaks loose , all 1,000 Turkeys scream and jump about 6 feet . The farmer and his son drive up the hill to help me drag the buck . They pickup 8 dead Turkeys , he said they died of Heart attacks when the gun when off . Had a big country breakfast while his son cleaned and packaged the birds . What A trip .

25-Oct-14
Father in law was hunting Mulies in NV . A giant mule deer walked out of a 30 yard wide patch of Junipers . He fired , the deer went back in the Junipers .

As he walked toward the Junipers the huge buck ran out the back end . He snapped a shot off and the buck piled up dead . As he was gutting the buck he took a smoke break , walked over to the Junipers and saw a second monster Mulie . Both were 4 1/2 year old 5 x5's .

He spent most of the morning getting both of them in his truck . He drove to the Wardens station and turned himself in . The Warden went to the hunting spot to confirm the story and said , " thanks for being honest " and issued him a second tag .

25-Oct-14
I shot a deer this big once. lol Wait... that's fishing. lol

25-Oct-14
Rampoli Buck

27-Oct-14
We're on a deer drive and jump a doe about 200 yards from the standers.

"BANG!!" rings out a few seconds later. We get to the end of the drive and the stander who shot is waiting for us to track the deer. We find the blood trail and the deer is "butt shot" dragging it's hind legs in a ditch about 75 yards away. The stander walks up and finishes the deer off.

Couple minutes later, the stander's father walks up and says, "I see you shot another deer in the ass?"

Stander replies..."Nope!. I shot the deer in the head and it kept on running, so I shot it in the ass to kill it."

27-Oct-14
True story and a lesson . 5 of us are hunting a farm in the clintinville area during gun season . 4 hard hunters and drinkers plus one buddy who doesn't hunt or drink .

By Wed. we have 1 tag left and we talk our non hunting buddy into going out for the evening hunt . About 3 PM he walks out the door and we start pounding beers . We have windows open because the smell of beer farts and smoke is getting pretty bad .

We hear a shot and head outside worrying about our pal . He's standing next to a 200 foot long Pine plantation next to the farmhouse . He decided to check it out because no one hunted it all week .

He bent down and saw 4 legs and a deers chest . He fired and a 152 inch 12 point fell over . The mount still sits over his fireplace and he never hunted again .

I have a lot of notes and stories . Yes i have been told to write a book .

• Sitka Gear