Ridge Runner 24-Oct-14
10orbetter 24-Oct-14
Pete-pec 24-Oct-14
RUGER1022 24-Oct-14
Naz MacBook 24-Oct-14
Ridge Runner 26-Oct-14
24-Oct-14
Would you do like me, and start tomorrow? LOL

I can't wait for my archery vacation from work to begin each year. I'm already wound up to begin with, and I'm sure my coworkers can attest that I get downright loopy!

The weather might be warm, but the deer will soon be doing what we all crave for. I'm in my stand right now, taking in the aroma of freshly fallen leaves after a light rain. The sun is shining, my mind is at rest, and I'm sort of taking it all in.

Remember to let the little schidt go, and enjoy the moment. I hope you all reach your hunting goals! While walking in, I stopped to rest, and a flock of perhaps 75 cedar waxwings buzzed me and took advantage of some berries in a nearby bush. I knew right then, that this thing I call hunting is much much more than killing a deer. This kind of thing we know as nature is priceless, and Wisconsin is a great place to be!

Best of luck EVERYONE!

24-Oct-14
Pete, this time of year everything is right with the world no matter what life throws at you. God Bless and great hunting.

24-Oct-14
Well said Pete As I write this I in Little. Rock Arkansas visiting my very first grand daughter I originally had 3 days vac this week for bow hunting but those plans changed with the birth of little Kendall Priorities suddenly change and it's well worth it . Besides I have all of Nov off except for 2 days. Good luck everyone and take every moment in. RR

24-Oct-14
Good luck to you!! What county are you going to be hunting in? I'll be splitting up my rut hunting between Rusk county on the 6,7,8 and Manitowoc county the 13,14,15,16. Hopefully I'll be successful one of those days!

24-Oct-14
Couldn't have said it better myself Pete. I wish I had 21 days off. I'm stuck to weekends this year. I'll be hunting in Columbia County.

24-Oct-14
Rock county, and I hope to post up some things....maybe it's when the robins head south, maybe it's a doe I decided to take....maybe.....? I still cannot get over this perfume in the air that smells of red oak. One of those smells that brings me back to my learning years with my very close friends who took the time to invite me to their cabin. I remember shooting that first doe (hunter's choice), and it feels like yesterday. Undoubtedly the best deer I have ever taken, and oddly enough, it had no horns?

Ridge Runner, I can certainly imagine that little Kendall in all her perfection trumps anything else right now? Innocent, beautiful, and most importantly, that child that allows you to make up for every mistake you might have made with your own. Spoil her....not rotten!

I believe this thread, although not debate free should have no argument by anyone on this forum lol.

We ALL just might agree on the fact that being in the woods is bliss. Anxiety knowing the hunt is around the corner and you might only have weekends to do it, can get us all in a frame of mind we don't prefer, but you make due, and hunt when you can.

All the best fellas! Keep everyone posted when it heats up. I agree that location in the state your posting from, helps motivate people to get out of bed in the mornings, versus sleeping in! ;-)

24-Oct-14

24-Oct-14

Ridge Runner's embedded Photo
Ridge Runner's embedded Photo
Here is my precious little new doe (Kendall)

24-Oct-14
Lol Ridge Runner. Some day to be the Herd Doe! Congratulations.

24-Oct-14

24-Oct-14
Rotate enough stands to avold burning them out. Deer can pick up a few microns of odor and go . nocturnal . I 'M rotating 7 stands on 2 properties .

24-Oct-14
Great looking antlerless, RR! You've got your priorities straight.

26-Oct-14
Thanks guys. Amazing how a new grandchild can make u forget about bowhunting for awhile.Going to be hard to leave Little Rock Monday morning.I'm going to have to pry my wife away from the little princess. RR

• Sitka Gear