Bloodtrail 25-Oct-14
cjb5591 25-Oct-14
Onthehunt 25-Oct-14
BigWoods71 25-Oct-14
BOBHUNT71 25-Oct-14
steve 26-Oct-14
Turtle504 26-Oct-14
25-Oct-14
So I have this big Momma and 2 baby's walking under me just about everytime I hit this spot. Ones a little button bucks..no rack just 2 lil furry bumps.. Ones a doe...they are completely spotless but are about as big as my black lab...I drew on her lastnight..then second guessed it.....I know they are eating on their own and such..just worried about the coyotes out there.. We have a ton...will They group up with other deer??...I'm prolly gunna hammer momma this morning..

25-Oct-14
I wouldn't shoot her just cause she has two in toe if they were truly old enough to fend they wouldn't be tagging along so close to mom . Just my thoughts

25-Oct-14
It's really a personal preference,to me it would depend on how big they are, if you say there as big as your lab i wouldn't shoot mom, but thats my personal preference not to do that, i don't hold it against anyone who does, according to the biologist once their out of spots they could survive on their own, it's your call.

25-Oct-14
If you shot the yearling doe I wouldn't have issue with that either. Have you ever had yearling venison? It's as tender as it gets. Best of luck.

25-Oct-14
ive got a fawn 1/2 the size of mama still trying to nudge her for milk..i wont shoot either figuring moms the only one ive seen this year with a fawn.

25-Oct-14
They are a bit taller then the dog...but body wise... They maybe weigh 50 pounds

25-Oct-14
50 pounds? I'd wait. Twins and triplets develop slower as they compete for the milk production.

25-Oct-14
Good job holding off! We all want more deer in the years to come. That momma is gonna have two more next year as well.

Wait for different opportunity on another deer.

25-Oct-14
I have a private spot where that same situation has happened 4 times so far this year. Does with little ones and one particular doe with twins. Passed on all of them even though a blind man could have taken them. Pretty soon there will be some big boys chasing momma so that's what I'm waiting for. Don't have a problem with anyone taking small deer if that's what they want but even though small ones are tender & tasty it's a lot of work for little reward IMO.

25-Oct-14
I had the same thing except the deer were eating my crops. I didn't want to shoot mama or yearlings. Saw them with spots earlier in the Season. By hunting season they lost spots. I really should have taken them. They cost me money. But I decided to pass. Well two weeks ago I'm driving to my field and right next to the field gate there is a road kill doe. I knew right away it was mama. A few days later on my stand the two fawns came by at ten yards and hung around couldn't shoot them. Heck they just lost their mom. I have since named them mary and Kate. I guess ill never shoot them. Ill probably have to get the job done eventually. Moral of story what ever you deciee crap happens. Maybe a coyote or bear will get them or maybe they will grow into huge deer. No decision is still a decision.

25-Oct-14
If you care about long term deer numbers on your property, spare the does and shoot bucks only. Personally I can't bring myself to shoot a doe, let alone a yearling. The old wise bucks however are a different story. Good things come to those who wait. Wait for the big guy in town.

25-Oct-14
A 30 acre private pc I hunted for 10 years and use to shoot 2 or 3 deer off a year and always saw groups of 5 or more and was always seeing 10 or more deer at a sit became a good day to see a doe with a fawn or 2 once the coyotes and early snow falls hit 3 years ago . The last 2 years I only went there and passed the doe's and took a small buck that kept pushing the doe's around early season and this year I'm still seeing the same does but only the mother has 2 fawns with her and her last year off spring only 1 has a fawn now I think the mother got taken out by something because I saw the fawns alone then an hour later saw the last year off spring with a fawn . There are a couple of nice bucks at 5 1/2 and one that is around 8 1/2 this year that I'm holding out for that seem to show up only at night until around November 4th like clock work they will come in so I have my stands set and crossing my fingers that this will be the year .

26-Oct-14
If you want to see more deer next year let them pass it's up to you and the bucks will be chasing them in the 2nd rut good luck

26-Oct-14
Didn't shoot either of them..had a siffernt group come across lastnight and a pretty big bear came by right at dark and walked right into my way I walk out of there...lol I love being spooked out in the dark

• Sitka Gear