Rut Nut 29-Oct-14
Rut Nut 29-Oct-14
roger 29-Oct-14
Treerat 29-Oct-14
DcoleinPA 30-Oct-14
lazer2 31-Oct-14
Treerat 31-Oct-14
25-Oct-14
Lou Rawls, Etta James, The Righteous Bros., how about Dusty Springfield singing "The Look of Love".... It's ON!!!

Don't forget the safety equipment, Christmas is on its way:)

25-Oct-14

DaleHajas's Link
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CKXjYdrcmCw

25-Oct-14
Gee can we have another 3 weeks of friggin wind?

25-Oct-14
At least Chise and I are seeing deer the past 2 days.

26-Oct-14
Of course Sunday morning was the perfect day to be in the woods.

26-Oct-14
Here is a good question. If we were all to just start hunting on Sunday - Just what could they do really??? As thinly staffed as they are - they couldn't even think about getting all of us. I don't even think they work on Sundays do they??? WTH let's go for it - what's the worst that could happen?

26-Oct-14
I'm seeing deer every time out, almost, but no shots yet.

27-Oct-14
X master, its only illegal if you get caught! Lol... you won't see me doing it till its legal.

27-Oct-14
Really slow in 5D still a lot of corn up. Temps still need to cool down around here.. too warm!!

27-Oct-14
Finally on vac. for two weeks so let the hunt begin. After last years bust with the property I was hunting on being totally logged to almost nothing I found one tree that is capable of having a ladder stand put in it with a fair amount of cover to hide my big self. See some nice dear have been taken and congrats. to all and good luck to the rest of you fellow archers. I in my getting older years am holding out for a decent one, I have never been a bone hunter but girls are grown moved out and wife don't eat the meat so I really can just enjoy being out there in Gods great woods.

28-Oct-14
Saw a pretty nice buck cruising up a logging road around 8:20 yesterday. If he would have turned left instead of right, I might have had a shot. He walked right past the blind I was not in about a minute before that. Scrapes are showing up every 50 yards around our 40 acre soybean field. Have to take the jeep in for service this morning.

28-Oct-14

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Red sky in the morning................. Hope we get a PM hunt in before it rains.

28-Oct-14

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
This guy is wearing out his welcome walked by me three times at 15 yards already this morning, bumping doe around 9 point 15-16 outside 6-7 inch G2's &G3's PA, had two smaller buck chasing a doe in here last night 9 point was tempting but it's early and quite a rush

Mike

28-Oct-14

Dave G. 's embedded Photo
Dave G. 's embedded Photo
Now my neck doesn't hurt. :^)

28-Oct-14
Thanks Dave, just had a mother bear and 3 Cubs walk right under me. Got a 3 minute video posted it on Bowsite video thing not sure if it turned out! Banner morning could have shot a nice 9 point a doe and a bear all within 15 yards! Have seen deer all morning, strange because it's warm & windy

Mike

28-Oct-14
Congrats, Mike. Sounds like you had a really notable day. That mama bear and 3 cubs would have been neat to watch.

28-Oct-14
Dang Mike you are not making the next two work days go any quicker for me. I might be late to work tomorrow morning! good luck buddy.

28-Oct-14
Had s 17-18 inch outside spread 8 point with short tines come in at 6:20 no pictures because I was going to shoot him until I saw his tines were all no longer than 2 or 3 inches. There are 4 bigger more mature bucks in there so I'll wait a little longer but a great day in the woods.

Mike

28-Oct-14
You definitely had a good day Mike! Great video of the Bears !!

You'll kill one tomorrow! October 29th has been my luckiest day in Pa through the years!:))

28-Oct-14
Lol Ben, I have only killed one mature buck in my life before Nov 2nd I hope your right. It was a great day. I tried to post the video I sent you of the momma bear and 3 Cubs on Bowsite but it didn't work, it was a pretty Awsome sight. Funny thing is I walked down that same deadfall in the morning on the way to the stand to keep noise down from the dry leaves. Those bears were way more quiet walking than the deer I saw.

Mike

29-Oct-14
While climbing in this morning there was one heck of a chase going on near by, loud and I mean loud grunting deer running all over branches breakng deer slashing in the water, it was almost scary! After things settled down I saw a little 3 point he saw me move or winded me or both but he blew and ran off that was 8:30. Around 9:30 I watched a doe for 15 minutes feed on acorns toward me, I figured I'd shoot her and got ready. She was maybe 30 yards walking straight at me, then I hear deer crossing the creek and grunting, a doe runs past the one I was ready to shoot and a small buck comes running up and chased both doe away. Pretty neat stuff, would have liked to fill that doe tag before November.

Mike

29-Oct-14
Sounds like another fun morning! I can't wait to get back in a tree!

29-Oct-14
Man, this a TERRIBLE time to be stuck at work! ;-)

I passed no less than 5 deer and 1 bear splattered all over the highway this morning.(they were not there yesterday) Seems like somebody just turned the switch ON! ;-)

29-Oct-14
Perry, you are mistaken; remember, there are no deer on your side of the state. :)

29-Oct-14

Treerat's embedded Photo
Treerat's embedded Photo
Had some banking to do in the afternoon so I headed to Ohio for the evening, in stand since 3pm no deer yet.

Mike

29-Oct-14
Mike, looks like a good place to see ducks anyway. :)

29-Oct-14
Yo, Big Daddy how big a Mallard have to be to make Book?

Mike

29-Oct-14
Whatever the record is I'm certain he surpassed it, but doesn't really "care about numbers". :)

29-Oct-14

Perry, you are mistaken; remember, there are no deer on your side of the state. :)

Oh, my bad. Must have been those dang coyotes the PGC been stocking for years! ;-)

29-Oct-14
BTW, nice set up, Mike! :)

29-Oct-14
Yep Rut, those are the ones they got from Texas in the "Great Pheasant Trade". LOL!

29-Oct-14
Went to the quiet woods Ohio, used to be I spent my whole vacation there chasing big bucks, now it seems I'm wasting my time there, never thought I would have a better chance at a big buck on public land in PA than private land in Ohio but for now and for the lSt three seasons that's the case...damn Gary Alt!

Mike

30-Oct-14
I had a close one tonight. A nice 16-17 in 8 point with good tines and mass. scraped and thrashed brush 13 yards from me in a thicket for like 10 minutes. Long story short: he started walking away and I wheezed at him at about 50 yards. After a bit he walked to the edge of the thicket and didnt see anything. He bolted a ways and stopped to get the wind and did it two more time until I was busted.

Sucks that he spooked but not bad for my first evening of vacation!

31-Oct-14
Small buck and 3 doe so far this morning. Had trouble getting into stand then the top rachet decided to give a little bit twice but got it fixed. Sitting here til 2 maybe 3

31-Oct-14
Good luck Mike and Dylan

Mike

• Sitka Gear