Buckiller 27-Oct-14
Garbanzo 30-Oct-14
Toonces 30-Oct-14
NEV 30-Oct-14
Ace 30-Oct-14
Paul 30-Oct-14
bigbuckbob 30-Oct-14
25-Oct-14
If raccoons are mostly nocturnal, and I can hunt them at night, then why can't I hunt deer at night since they are mostly nocturnal?

25-Oct-14
If we all were able to hunt 24/7 there wouldn't be any deer left to hunt, that's just my opinion.

25-Oct-14
Bag limits dude, bag limits

25-Oct-14
why could you hunt coons at night but not yotes ?

25-Oct-14
Yeah, another dumb law

25-Oct-14
Coons are nocturnal deer are crepuscular.

25-Oct-14
You can't even hunt deer 30 minutes after sunset - start with your silly regs right there

25-Oct-14
You REALLY want to hunt deer at night??

25-Oct-14
I'd never hunt deer at night to many stories of dumb people shooting at noise or brush moving .

25-Oct-14
The sumnset one is the one that bugs me.. if there is enough light 30 min before sunrise, there should be enough 30 min after sunset.

26-Oct-14
The 30 minutes after sunset is by far the most productive time for me, assuming that I set up near a bedding area.

I can't always see my pin well at 25-30 minutes past, so I often stop "hunting" before the end of legal shooting light has expired in states at that allow this 30 minute window to be hunted.

Hunting a half hour after sunset is "normal" in some states. Not in CT for deer. This is more ridiculous than no Sunday hunting....

26-Oct-14
I agree. But you all know that this state is not a outdoorsmen friendly state. We are lucky we even get to hunt. Why don't they address the 30 minute past sunset law. How would you even go about trying to change it.

26-Oct-14
There are many stupid screwy game laws. The one that stands out the most to me are the states that have Moose and they require you to take the Moose out whole....That to me is the most idiotic game law going.

26-Oct-14
How about in gun season and you are bow hunting you take off the orange when you are up in a tree but if you are gun hunting you must wear orange at all times up in a tree or not.

26-Oct-14
I don't like that you can't carry a sidearm while bowhunting. And can't carry at all on state land unless it's a 22 and you are hunting.

26-Oct-14
It's against the law to paint a horse.

26-Oct-14
I would definitely hunt deer at night if it was legal. Bag limits in place to protect from over-harvesting

26-Oct-14
I remember back when you could hunt 30 min after sunset. The state changed the law because a cowboy fatally shot a CT game warden during this 30 min after sunset time. It wasn't long after, like the next season, the law was changed...

http://www.southeasternoutdoors.com/outdoors/hunting/game-warden/james-spignesi.html

27-Oct-14
GUN hunters don't have to wear orange once thier 10 up a tree in a stand.

27-Oct-14
By far our most rediculous law here in MA is that you can use Dead coyote shotshells for coyote but you cannot use them for fox or bobcat. Why would their be a problem shooting a fox or bobcat with a bigger pellet size when your allowed to use whatever rifle caliber you want? Ive heard of minimum calibers to use but maximum?

27-Oct-14
Buckiller, glad we can't hunt deer at night currently.

And the regs right now promote over harvesting of deer. That's one of the reasons deer numbers have declined.

If you're having a hard time getting a shot opportunity during the day I would be willing to help you out.

27-Oct-14
2 deer per year max (that's all weapons).

27-Oct-14
If that's the reason the 30' after sun set law went to sun set... thank goodness the accident (which truly is horrible) didnt happen at noon.

That's a bad law in my mind too.

27-Oct-14
The game warden that was shot was in pursuit of a potential poacher and try to sneak up on him. No excuse for the shot but if I was agame warden I'd be wearing blaze orange. Nowadays the wardens use infra red (I believe).

30-Oct-14
What I do not understand is why Bowhunters are required to wear blaze orange when hunting Bowhunting Only property. Seems a bit counter-intuative.

30-Oct-14
Garbanzo - Most bowhunting only property is not really bowhunting only. It is also open to small game firearm hunting.

30-Oct-14
I dont ever remember a year deer hunting was allowed after sunset. The day the co was shot sunset was at 4:27 and everything i read said that legal deer hunting ended at sunset.

30-Oct-14
The story that you could hunt until sunset + 30 before Spignesi was shot is just that, a story. That was never the case in CT, not for deer. You could, and still can, hunt until sunset + 30 for small game, and coyotes, just not deer and turkeys. Explain that one, you can see a squirrel just fine after sunset, but a deer or turkey? Nope!

Plenty not to like about CT Hunting laws, but we're blessed to have a long bow season and good numbers of deer in some places.

30-Oct-14
Yukon you better look at the book again nothing about 10 foot up a tree did I find . If you find it please put a link

30-Oct-14
Yukon

are you thinking that bow hunters can remove the blaze once in the tree?? That is true.

• Sitka Gear