steve 26-Oct-14
Dr. Deer 26-Oct-14
grizzlyadam 26-Oct-14
LimeyMotors 26-Oct-14
Gene 26-Oct-14
bigbuckbob 26-Oct-14
Grunt 27-Oct-14
25-Oct-14
Went out for a couple hours after work today to the 10 acre plot I hunt in Conventry. Started off slow and didn't see anything till about 5:45. Spotted a doe at about 50 yards and sat patiently till she came in closer. She came into 40 yards before she got spooked and took off. A few minutes went by and she showed up again coming into 32 yards. Hands shaking and knees knocking I raised my Hoyt, pinned the lungs and let my Easton Bloodline fly. I missed low and couldn't believe it or understand how till I looked at my sight and realized I had my pin set at 20 yards instead of 30. The doe never came back so I left feeling like an idiot for not setting my pin at 30 yards. I definitely learned a lesson today and hope I don't make that mistake again. All in all, today was a good day. I got to hunt and saw a couple deer. Maybe next time I'll have a happier ending.

25-Oct-14
We've all had those days.. Missed two shots at the same 4 pt on Columbus Day.. You analyze your mistakes make note of them and try not to repeat them..

25-Oct-14
Sorry to hear about the miss , we all make mistakes and learn from them better luck next time and at least it was a clean miss she'll be back hopefully with a big buck in tow that she wants off her back.

26-Oct-14
Better luck next time.

26-Oct-14
To bad if I were you I would set that fist p at 25 yards and don't worry about any thing past 30 for. Your first couple .lot less to worry about when the heart stops pumping Steve

26-Oct-14
Very few hunters killed the first deer they ever shot at. I think I emptied a whole quiver before getting my first. I applaud for you having a movable pin at 20 while you are waiting for deer to show. They have a way of just "appearing" right under you, making you wonder how they got there. At times like those, when movement has to be careful and slow, you will be glad your pin is already set for the close shot. If they are 30 or 40 (don't shoot that far yet) you will have plenty of time to move to change the pin to longer settings. Peace.

26-Oct-14
You're getting there grunt. Least you got on some deer. That's a good start. I keep my pin set to 20 when hunting, make sure I keep my shots to 30 and under. If they are at my extreme range I just hold a little high, anything under I hold dead on. I only play around with the yardage adjustments on the range.

26-Oct-14
I missed on my first deer last Saturday. Shot over her back. I've been teaching and shooting archery for over 20years. I just hope i get to draw on another. -Duncan

26-Oct-14
A clean miss is always better than a bad hit!

26-Oct-14
Grunt,

my first shot at a doe found the center of a small tree that I never even saw, because I couldn't stop looking at the deer.

Mistakes are natural and a good thing, you'll more from your mistakes so consider it a good lesson learned.

27-Oct-14
Thanks for the positive words guys. It sucks that I missed, but like I said before, its a lesson learned. Hopefully next time I won't make the same mistake.

• Sitka Gear