WVBOWHUNTER 27-Oct-14
Saxton 27-Oct-14
gobbler 27-Oct-14
Bohunter 27-Oct-14
UCMDEER 28-Oct-14
gobbler 28-Oct-14
WVM&M 29-Oct-14
26-Oct-14
What is your opinion about shooting a doe who has her young with her? Do you shoot or not?

26-Oct-14
This time of year I will shoot the adult doe.

26-Oct-14
As long as they are out of spots. Then yes.

26-Oct-14
SHOOT!

Virtually all adult does will have weanlings with them this time of year.

26-Oct-14
If you have the shot take it

26-Oct-14
Nope...but I wouldn't shoot her in Dec either..

Just a personal preference....Nothing wrong if you do.

26-Oct-14
I havnt been shooting em either.

26-Oct-14
I guess I'am getting soft in my old age...LOL

26-Oct-14
I don't shoot them either, I will shoot a dry doe. Sometimes I will shoot the yearling, very good eating.

Ron Miller

26-Oct-14
It's funny, I used to shoot em. I am getting soft or lazy

26-Oct-14
Since I've had my twin girls I've been passing this shot also. Too many female hormones in my house I guess.

26-Oct-14
I shot a big lone doe last Fall - have trouble with shooting one with littles ones now - December though I would shoot. For me I just like to see them stay with momma thru Thanksgiving so she can educate them a bit. But thats me - I don't have an issue if others want to shoot now.

26-Oct-14
I have been trying to kill a doe all bow season, and the only ones that i have seen have had twins with them....amd i would say that 90% of those were button bucks..

27-Oct-14
I dont shoot fawns or I will not shoot a mature doe with yearlings. I will only shoot a big mature doe only if she is by herself or if there are another or more mature does with her. Just my personal preference.

27-Oct-14
It does not hurt anything shooting does with fawns.

The fawns will be just fine. Plus the fawns that are still with the does are usually doe fawns. The mother runs off the buttons.

That is why if a person sees a fawn alone it is best to not shoot it. Because 8 out of 10 times it is a button.

If you think I am wrong, just pay attention on your next sit. When a lone fawn shows up it will probably be a button.

27-Oct-14
Besides the worst that can happen is the fawns stand about 20 feet away and bleat constantly while you field dress their mom.

It's a tough world out there.

27-Oct-14
Thanks for sharing your opinions. I have killed a few doe in my life, probably more with a rifle than with a bow but I try not to shoot doe with youngins following. I suppose if the young are nearly full grown it wouldn't make much difference but not shooting is just what I do. One thing that plays into this is the deer population in my area has been down the last couple of years, don't know if its the coyotes or the over abundance of extra doe seasons. To each his own!!! Good Luck this year.......

28-Oct-14
If you shoot a doe with button fawns do you think the buttons will stay in that general area?

28-Oct-14
I think it increases the chance that they will.

29-Oct-14
Studies show a significant increase in likelihood the button will stay in area. What is almost an absolute certainty is the doe will run the button out of area.

• Sitka Gear