easyshooter 26-Oct-14
Wild Bill 26-Oct-14
notme 26-Oct-14
Ridgehunter 26-Oct-14
zeeker35 27-Oct-14
easyshooter 27-Oct-14
fingers 28-Oct-14
26-Oct-14
Well I finally got my stepfather from Canada back into hunting after 8 years since he moved here and he has the bug BAD. lol He started late last season in November. So we hung 12 stands and got ready on our 500 acres of private land over three properties this year. Yes we are lucky! Just acquired it all in the off season. We have seen lots of does this year. Friday he has a big 8 that we had on camera come in at to 15 yards at 3:30 in the afternoon! I couldn't believe it. right into the tinks 69 sent bombs he draws back and try's to fix his face mask with his hand that has the release on it as he is drawn and accidently pulls the trigger and shoots into the ground. AAAAHHHHHH! Rookie mistake. I'm as mad as him almost because of all of the work we put in this year and I feel if one of us is successful then we both are. So the deed bounds off in 2 steps but didn't blow. he didn't know what happened. Do you think he'll be back and if so will he be nocturnal now? I want this deer on the ground

26-Oct-14
Good chance he will come back, however, you might want to use a different scent.

Ditch the face mask. You probably didn't practice with it and didn't expect it to bother your shooting.

"Friday, 3:30 in the afternoon!" Moon phase was new moon, overhead with the sun and setting slightly behind it. Next week, is first quarter phase, overhead at sunset and underfoot at sunrise.

26-Oct-14
he'll be back..try face paint

26-Oct-14
Had a similar situation also never saw the deer again, I don't think he'll come to that area again but with all the property you have you may see him at one of your other stand location,yeah ditch the face mask, i don't use anything and never had a problem with deer picking me out,but if it makes you feel better use face paint.Good luck

27-Oct-14
I can see being frustrated but I want this deer on the ground. Get over it and move on it's hunting ------I bet most hunters make mistakes rookie or not.

27-Oct-14
zeeker35 lol ill get over it when I drop him. and I will.

28-Oct-14
We have all been there in some shape of form . It won't your last . It's hunting and not everything goes as planed .

• Sitka Gear