gobbler 27-Oct-14
gobbler 27-Oct-14
babysaph 27-Oct-14
CGBowhunter 27-Oct-14
ken 27-Oct-14
gobbler 27-Oct-14
gobbler 27-Oct-14
26-Oct-14
Maybe its just me but I feel there is other support out there on this issue. I don't believe it is right for the DNR to throw a gun season into our bow season like that. Gun hunters have the last week of Nov. and pretty much all of Dec to hunt. There were a bunch of shots around my property during these 3 days. Nothing like getting the deer all spooked and timid this early. Also, how many of those shots were bucks being killed? We will never know but I guarantee there were some killed. I would like to petition this hunt they are allowing. Probably wouldn't do any good but one never knows. We the hunters should be the ones voting on these issues just like the Sunday hunts. We are the ones paying for the licenses and filling their pockets. If anyone has any info. on why the decision was made to have this extra doe season it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

27-Oct-14
Bowhunting was recently expanded. Bowhunters have to share the woods with other hunters and it is not "our" woods

We DO NOT need to be voting on everything. The decision was made to split the traditional December doe season in half and put three days in October because no one was killing does Monday to Wednesday during the traditional doe season. Putting those days in an October weekend increases participation and gets does out of the population during the rut.

27-Oct-14
I think this dead horse was beat enough 2-3 years ago. I think it's too bloated to hit again without busting it wide open.

27-Oct-14
WV hunters had the option to favor or oppose this season when it was put on the DNR sportsman's questionaire. Many of us opposed it, went to regional meetings and opposed it and opposed it at the actual natural resources commission meeting when it was voted on but there wasn't enough opposition to convince the commission to leave the doe season with the old frame work. It seems to me like 60-65% favored that season. It was the lowest approval of all the questions but was still a majority approval.

27-Oct-14
This is one of the reasons I get on here and plead for people to go to the sportspeople and Commission meetings. For people to get involved at the beginning and to KNOW what's going on and being talked about. The time to stop or change things is before it gets started.

Trying something now is like complaining that nobody knew Obama would be like he is. People are acting suprised about what he is doing, but for those that were listening he's been saying it from the beginning.

27-Oct-14
Yesterday at the Commission meeting there were 7 private individuals. 4 were from the WVBA.

That might add some perspective.

27-Oct-14
good luck with that

27-Oct-14
Would there be any way to ask the commission to release daily harvest data for both archery and gun just for the month of Oct. to see if there is a marked increase in archery buck harvest during those days?

27-Oct-14
were not set up to get that type of data on a daily basis sorry

27-Oct-14
That info should be available thru the Elkins office. I'm sure someone is looking at that.

27-Oct-14
After they get electronic checking they should be able to get any kind of data like that . There should be data available down to the second as to when game is checked in.

• Sitka Gear