MD SW corner
Nebraska
Contributors to this thread:
Cazador 26-Oct-14
Shiras 27-Oct-14
Cazador 28-Oct-14
Shiras 28-Oct-14
26-Oct-14
I will be calling the DOW, but can you take a Mule deer during archery season prior to Nov 15 in the SW corner of the state?

Thinking of hunting NE and would like to know. Regs are a bit confusing/not clear to me.

Thanks

27-Oct-14
Caz, yes you can shoot a mule deer buck with your archery tag. If you look under the Mule Deer Conservation Area rules in the guide it says: "Statewide archery permits ARE valid for mule deer".

Good luck!

28-Oct-14
Shiras,

Thanks, here is what is confusing me. As per the regs, it looks like you can't shoot one until after the 15th which means the rifle season will be in effect. Still need to call and clarify.

MDCA Permit/Bag Limit • Republican Mule Deer Buck – one mule deer buck • Buffalo MDCA – Any Deer (except mule doe) • Frenchman MDCA – Any Deer (except mule doe) and one antlerless whitetail • Platte MDCA – Any Deer (except mule doe) and one antlerless whitetail Season Dates • Dec. 1 - 31 with muzzleloader • Nov. 15 - 23 with archery or firearm

28-Oct-14
That's not what they are saying. They are saying that you can use your bow during the firearm season (note that you have to wear orange to hunt with a bow during rifle season) but you can shoot a mule deer in the MDCA anytime during the archery season.

• Sitka Gear