Cory Valerio 29-Oct-14
CToutdoors1434 29-Oct-14
bigbuckbob 30-Oct-14
Will 30-Oct-14
Will 30-Oct-14
27-Oct-14

CTCrow's Link
Political Correctness at its finnest.

There are a lot of angry parents and disappointed kids in Newington, Connecticut after elementary schools there canceled Halloween celebrations. The schools were apparently concerned about offending families who don't observe Halloween. A "Fall Festival" will be held in place of the usual Halloween parades for kindergarten and first-grade students at Ruth Chaffee Elementary and Anna Reynolds School. More details from Fox Connecticut:

The town’s other two elementary schools, John Paterson and Elizabeth Green, don’t hold Halloween parades or parties, having stopped a number of years ago. School officials wanted to have all four elementary schools have consistent policies. “Everyone’s politically correct now and you don’t want to insult anyone’s denomination or religion,” parent Eric Jones said. Certain religious groups don’t celebrate Halloween, but it’s unclear whether the school system made the change with religion in-mind. “I think it’s ridiculous. I don’ find it to be a big religious thing, the kids just get together with their costumes and have fun. It’s not like they talk about much, it’s just a day to have fun at school,” said Denise Perez, a parent of a student at Ruth Chaffee School. Karen Petersen and her daughter, Willow, sat down with Clayton Morris to discuss the schools' policies. Petersen said students can still dress up at the Fall Festival, but only as their favorite book character. She said the schools are trying to have Halloween without calling it Halloween out of concerns about political correctness. The principal at Anna Reynolds School said in a statement that the festival will allow for more academic content and be "safe and comfortable for all." Petersen said she hopes the schools reverse their decision after the outcry from parents.

27-Oct-14
Unbelievable right! Get use to it! This is what this entire country has become..."not offending or hurting anyone's feelings". I'm not as old as alot of you guys out there but I'm totally old school and give a rats you know what about what others think or feel within reason or respect. Man I'm scared for my kids and what this worlds becoming...but hea, atleast their feelings won't get hurt!

27-Oct-14
This kind of stuff just turns my stomach. We change laws and policies for the few, and insult and upset the mass,....how is that correct??

The "kids" don't place a lot of value on anything in elementry school, they're not out there analyzing religions and politics. All they want to do is play with their friends in school instead of just doing school work.

Stupid examples: It's not a blackboard, it's a chalk board.

It's not a man hole, it's a person hole.

You can't wear a clothes with the American flag because you would offend people from other countries (this is in American by the way)

Santas can't say Ho Ho Ho, you guessed it, derogatory towards women.

Any gender restrooms - I would have slapped any guy trying to use a public rest room one of the daughters was using.

I guess common sense is out the window these days.

27-Oct-14
This has to be a religious group/people. Most "born again" Christians are against Halloween. They are also against "Harry Potter" LOL. This is all the more reason why we need to keep Church and State separate. We are a secular nation for a reason.

27-Oct-14
This country is crazy. We are terrified and horrified at the violence and school shootings and then we celebrate bloody gore and macabre publicly.

I was a Halloween event Saturday where people wore different types of costumes. Many people wore horrific bloody clothes and dressed ss murderers from horror scenes that are repulsive and terror filled. Some wore bloody', hacked up cheerleader outfits.

Then we cry about how sick our society is becoming when real violence breaks out and people die.

Crazy

27-Oct-14
CTCrow, I highly doubt that its churches or Christians that put the cabbosh to the Halloween stuff in the schools your children go to! We are Christians and don't celebrate Halloween, we do our own thing. The last thing on our mind is Halloween parades at schools because be don't participate in any of those events. We have our own events at our churches. I know a lot of Christian's and church's throughout New England and the United States and never have heard one complaint about stopping Halloween parades at the schools. I would think some other folks stopped these activities? maybe Muslims???? There are folks in our country at this particular time that would love to see everything American or that even stands for America erased!!!

27-Oct-14
i was just telling my sister aboit this thread at supper..she said shelton stopped it about 5 yrs ago..the school super claimed relgious indifference to other kids..when she asked more she found out that out of a couple hundered pre k - 4 kiddies only 10 families bitched....dag nab it when i was a kid,we would just take your candy.didnt care what religion you were,all fair game

29-Oct-14
Kids these days can no longer live in the care free, fantasy environment of joy. We are taking away everything from them, and causing them to grow up too quick and throw them into the real world. It's best when you don't know all the crap that is truly going on in the world and enjoy life...which is when you are a kid. I have so many memories growing up and having fun, now the few once again are ruining it for the masses, as I said in the opinions post. So crazy. At least give them a few years till they realize how f***ed up a lot of people are and all the corrupt things people do in this world. So sad.

29-Oct-14
Treerat,

I didn't say who it was. I don't care who it was. I believe in live and let live. I don't try to impose my point of view or life style(very conservative by the way) on anybody but I don't want anybody doing it to me. If you disagree/dislike something, don't participate but let the people that enjoy it do it.

29-Oct-14
Liberals love Halloween. Every Christian Fundamentalist I know hates Halloween. My step daughters father $hitS a brick every time this year. This year she is going to be a Fire Princess and her friend is going to be a Water Princess. Her father found out and told her that is a horrible idea and she should be something else. She balled her eyes out. She's 8 years old. He even gets mad at her for reading the Harry Potter books because what the books "promotes" goes against his Christian Values. More like Christian Conservatives Gone Wild...

29-Oct-14
i was trying to explain to my 11 yr old nephew that in life there are winners and losers..people to dig a ditch and people that tell you to dig a ditch..he said its not fair,in school they teach him everybody wins and theres no such thing as a loser..i took his oreos..lol

29-Oct-14
LMAO

29-Oct-14
Even in the church I attended, it was the church people who were against celebrating halloween. One of the many reasons I stopped attending.

29-Oct-14
Sad part is guys I grew up in newington and still have a lot of my family there it's a sad situation I remember back in the 80s early 80s hollowed was one of the best days in school u got to wear ur costume all day walk through the school in a parade style and the teachers all handed out candy now that town has followed suit with all the others that r doing the same thing it's just sad that u can't be urself anymore because of a small number of people and believe me it's a small number already talked to my brother about it his kids were bent out of shape about it

29-Oct-14
What dose this have to do with bow hunting? -Duncan

29-Oct-14

It's tiresome arguing with Liberals sometimes, you can't always tell if they are Stupid, Misinformed or Lying.

29-Oct-14
Duncan..you will see that not only do we tackle bow hunting issues,but everything else under the sun that maybe related to bowhunting..from politics to butt boils (which is the same) its all fair game..lol

29-Oct-14

Cory Valerio's embedded Photo
Cory Valerio's embedded Photo

Cory Valerio's Link
This is how crazy these people are......

29-Oct-14
Duncan,

Do what I do. When there is a topic I don't like, I just ignore it and don't post anything. That is the 'LIVE AND LET LIVE" I speak of above.

29-Oct-14
When I was a kid all my friends would meet at 5 and run the streets till 9 pm fill are bags with candy and go home. I would not let my kids or grand children out of my sight now what happened ??????????

29-Oct-14
Cory is correct, its the religious "Christians" that are against Halloween. I've had 3 letters in my mailbox warning me that celebrating Halloween is anti-Christ and against the church's wishes.

29-Oct-14
Duncan

here's what this has to do with bow hunting. If you see a liberal in the woods and he's a small one, do you shoot or let him walk?? ;)

Since when do you need to "Celebrate" Halloween? We had a soup tasting this past Sunday at our house. The kids dressed up in their costumes, jumped in the huge leaf pile that Papa made for them, they bobbed for apples, had a pinyatta (how they hell do you spell that anyway) and then carved pumpkins in the garage. The adults made soup, we had wine,beer, breads, and the adults had fun too. We didn't worship the devil or celebrate demons.

It was just kids having fun, no celebration.

29-Oct-14
Thanks Dock but I think the people in this forum think that the church can do no wrong.....hence them just ignoring our comments. Now if it was a Muslim group saying Halloween shouldn't be celebrated they would all be up in arms and this topic would have over 100 comments. But it's not. They like to ignore actual facts.

29-Oct-14
political correctness is the biggest scam since pet rocks. All it does is suffocates individual opinion and the first amendment. It tells us to conform to some liberal utopian idea in which everyone thinks talks and acts the same way. It goes against everything thats natural. If you don't like a national holiday then GTFO of the nation. The redskins have to change there name? We can't call black people black or white people white? Even kids nowadays all get trophies no matter how they perform. The media promotes mediocrity and conformity. If you ask me political correctness=communism and you can shove it up your a@&!

30-Oct-14
IGnore the letters in the mailbox. I'm a catholic, but I'm not a religious zealot catholic! I worship the catholic holy days and the ones that have nothing to do with my faith I don't!

Life is too short to get your pantys in a bunch over halloween.

30-Oct-14

30-Oct-14
Whoops, sorry about the blank post guys. I was debating a reply, but it was going to be to long winded so I deleted, then pressed submit by accident.

• Sitka Gear