The Dark Knight 28-Oct-14
Wild Bill 29-Oct-14
The Dark Knight 29-Oct-14
bigbuckbob 29-Oct-14
SILVERADO 29-Oct-14
Dr. Deer 29-Oct-14
bassfever 30-Oct-14
28-Oct-14
I work as grounds keeper/ building maintenance for a private Catholic school that has a large property. I think it's just under 20 acres. The school is surrounded by Water department property on three sides that is closer to 100 acres of woods. often in the morning I see 5+ deer hanging in the fields or crossing the street. Last winter I almost hit one while plowing the school parking lot. Well today while dumping leaves on the back cornor of our property I saw a nice 3x4 buck hanging around our brush pile less than 20 yards away. Its frustrating that I can see plenty of deer on property I can't hunt but I can't seem to find them on the property I can. Hopefuly that will change. -Duncan

28-Oct-14
As the grounds keeper.. Maybe you can suggest the property has a deer problem and it is causing damage. Then offer your solution!

28-Oct-14
Dittos.

28-Oct-14
... and please take me along as your wingman ... I am clean, move like a ghost, deadly with my bow up to 60 yards, and most importantly I believe in the Creator as I follow (or try to as close as possible) Jesus's teachings...

28-Oct-14
Duncan,

contact the water dept and ask them for permission, all they can say is no, but you'll never know unless you ask.

Make sure you say they're scaring the kids and eating the plants.

28-Oct-14
Get used to it Duncan.... I saw a nice 10-12 point buck last year along with two other bucks 8-10 points on this 40 acre property behind my friends house.... There were also about 15 does and like 20 turkey.... Couldn't get a hold of land owner, they live in Montana :-( sent letter with no response. As BBB says, ask, you may get lucky.

29-Oct-14
Take the opportunity to study their body language. Such as the flick of their tail before they move, or head fakes. Watch the ears and see what they tell you about the deer paying attention. Try calling them. Shed hunting should instruct you as to how they use the habitat. When you see them, look at where you would shoot, and watch for the best shot. Try stalking/locating them during your lunch time. Watch out for ticks.

29-Oct-14
Great idea wild bill, learn from them even when not hunting, will definitely help you in the woods!

29-Oct-14
Deer that will never be shot - any small bucks or does walking passed bigbuckbob. :)

29-Oct-14
I'm sure that those deer will eventually be hunted, in my opinion there isn't a private property in ct large enough to hold them, especially during the rut. Bucks travel several miles in search of a hot doe, 100 yds is peanuts. It may take a while but but eventually they will walk by a hunter. don't be suprised if there are hunters that are hunting private land bordering that watershed property.

29-Oct-14
Good bucks range five square miles during the rut, sometimes in a single day

30-Oct-14
The company I work for did a job at the Woodbridge water company a few years ago and that place is loaded with deer.Seen a big eight one morning driving in, stopped the truck watched him rub then he turned and walked 30 yards behind the truck while I was out of the truck watching.It didn't even bother him.Nose to the ground following a couple does that had just crossed the road.

• Sitka Gear