Kootch 29-Oct-14
CTCrow 29-Oct-14
notme 29-Oct-14
Turtle504 29-Oct-14
Kootch 29-Oct-14
Turtle504 29-Oct-14
Turtle504 29-Oct-14
28-Oct-14
what websites do you use to get a detailed map of the area your hunting? Ive been using google earth but its not as good as i thought. any suggestions?

28-Oct-14
http://www.depdata.ct.gov/wildlife/maps/huntingareas.asp from deep web site

28-Oct-14
copy and paste without from deep web site part will bring you to the state hunting land topo's. http://www.depdata.ct.gov/wildlife/maps/huntingareas.asp

28-Oct-14
thank you!

29-Oct-14
Scout look app

29-Oct-14
I use my GPS, it has the topo maps for the whole New England area. The only issue I have is the state land boundries are not 100% accurate, so I carry my phone with a downloaded copy of the area maps from DEEP website for the area I'm hunting.

With the GPS I can tell you right where I am in the area, works perfect for me.

You can also download other areas of the world, like I did for my New Mexico hunt. Now I have the whole SW USA on a chip as well.

29-Oct-14
GPS Hunt , good app and free.

29-Oct-14
Sometimes you can better better detail with bing maps instead of google earth. Use the Birdseye view and change the compass to view at different angles. It helps.

29-Oct-14

CTCrow's embedded Photo
CTCrow's embedded Photo
Bing maps is my favorite too. You can really zoom in with the birdseye.

PS pic looks way better on full screen.

29-Oct-14
young asian spank me lolita bow hunters...ohhh ,maaps..sorry, i thought it said mu..s carry on

29-Oct-14
The bing maps of my area is All of 7 years old . Anyone else notice that?

29-Oct-14
yeah, the bing maps are old. I painted my house a different color 4 years ago and it's still the old color on Bing. Another feature that I like on Google Earth is changing the year of the photos. Some of the photos were taken in the summer and you can't see much topographical detail with the trees full of leaves. If you change the date back a few years you can find photos that were taken without leaves on the trees and see much more detail.

29-Oct-14
the scout look maps are fall time as well...can pick out pine stands, lower spots...hardwood areas..its a good app for the 2 bucks

29-Oct-14

Turtle504's embedded Photo
Turtle504's embedded Photo
the scout look maps are fall time as well...can pick out pine stands, lower spots...hardwood areas..its a good app for the 2 bucks

• Sitka Gear