Contributors to this thread:
Naz MacBook 31-Oct-14
ACU bowhunter 31-Oct-14
raspy old hen 31-Oct-14
Amoebus 31-Oct-14
Geitz 31-Oct-14
31-Oct-14

Naz MacBook's Link
… and not just deer. Check out D&DH editor Dan Schmidt's recent brush with a life-changing health issue. I'm sure at least one here will say it's payback for the method he chose, but it's a heads-up for those of us who tend to ignore pain until we can't stand it any longer.

31-Oct-14
Good thing to keep in mind. No sense trying to be "tough" about things like this.

31-Oct-14
Glad Schmidt wrote the article. Now we all know. Good info Naz. Thanks.

31-Oct-14
Are you saying this was caused by the crossbow?

Just kidding. My pop has had 3 blood clots over the last 20 years. The warning to get in early is a good one. The worst case is the clot breaks off and you die. My pop went in way too slowly on the first one and it damaged something in his leg long-term. His leg always retains more fluid than the other.

Go in early for leg pain. If it is just a strain/pull, they can tell it quickly with an ultrasound.

Then take your medicine as long as they recommend (do you hear me dad?).

31-Oct-14

Geitz's Link
Good stuff to know so when they pry my cold dead fingers open to lay the crossbow in.........Oh wait, who'd care about a crossbow then;)

Another heads up! A insect bite or cut/scratch to the skin could allow bacteria under your skin causing Necrotizing Fasciitis.

Gotta cover up guys, be safe out there.

• Sitka Gear