PSEStinger 22-Dec-14
canepole 01-Jan-15
Stinkbait1 07-Jan-15
MichaelArnette 22-Jun-15
DeltaTracker 03-Jul-15
01-Nov-14

DeltaTracker's embedded Photo
DeltaTracker's embedded Photo
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Well, I'm new to posting. I've gotten information and read threads on here since last year. I wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know that I've got a deer tracking (wounded deer only) dog that I want to get out there and get experience. I don't charge, I do it just for fun (wouldn't turn down gas money though). I'm in south Logan County, but if I'm available I'd be more than happy to travel a little ways to come help. If you're near me and need help finding a deer let me know. He'd probably track other big game as well, but I'm not sure because I've never tried it. Also, if you shoot one and you'd be willing to let me come out and track it (even if you already recovered it) that would be helpful to me as well.

Good luck all!!

22-Dec-14
PM sent.

01-Jan-15
Delta, thank you for your very generous offer. Unfortunately as you probably know by now, trailing deer (alive or dead) with dogs in Oklahoma is illegal. Personally I would be all for allowing folks like you The opportunity to help locate "lost deer". As I only speak for myself, I would still think that most hunters would be in favor of such a provision. Perhaps this is something that OWD would bring up for discussion in the future.

07-Jan-15
Delta, Great looking dog you have there. I like shepherds.

22-Jun-15

MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
Had this lovely dog around in the search for this guy (not helping) I would sign a petition to make it legal to track wounded deer only in Oklahoma. I don't often make poor shots but when I do it's gut wrenching, I would hate to loose one!!

03-Jul-15
There is a court case where they decided that the tracking portion of hunting was still considered "the pursuit". In the law it states dogs may not be used "in the pursuit" of game. But, before each and every time I go out I call the local game warden and get their blessing. I have always had a welcome response.

Thanks for the comments on the dog. But he's not a shepherd. He's a Belgian Malinois.

• Sitka Gear