Moultrie Mobile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLINTNOCKER !!!!!!!:):):)
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
saltgrassarcher 01-Nov-14
hawkeye in PA 01-Nov-14
Ben Farmer 01-Nov-14
roger 01-Nov-14
Phil Magistro 01-Nov-14
Flintknocker 02-Nov-14
RC 02-Nov-14
Ben Farmer 02-Nov-14
Rut Nut 02-Nov-14
DaleHajas 02-Nov-14
Jeff Durnell 02-Nov-14
horsethief51 02-Nov-14
01-Nov-14
Wishing you a good one from here down under :):):) How does it feel to be OLD .....?????? LOL Hope you had a really GREAT day !!!!! xoxoxox(that was from the typist !!)

01-Nov-14
Happy Birthday!

01-Nov-14
Happy Birthday!!

01-Nov-14
Happy Birthday, Ed.....Ya' did it again! :)

01-Nov-14
Happy Birthday Ed!

02-Nov-14
thank you :) Said I always wanted to git a buck with my bow on my birthday. Did something to my shoulder on Thursday which kinda kept me from thinking I ought even try to draw my bow. So I went Turkey huntin' instead. With a real light weight shot slinger. Of course I saw a kicker of a eight point. In my mind, the epitome of 'fine'. Not much wider than about 16", but very high, Long! tines, and exceptional mass.

'bout 1 pm I shot the biggest gobbler of my life. Heard them ruckus over something ( most likely the 'yotes I'd heard caterwauling at first light), waited patiently an hour, called with diaphragm call that mimic the soft 'belling' a band of gobblers does among themselves almost constantly, and about an hour later nine long beards came strolling, cautiously, ,belling'. Made no bones about it, took the lead bird when he made it to 20 steps away. The rest ran, save the last bird in the line, which ran up, jumped on the fallen, and gobbled loud enough to hurt my ears. He was significantly larger than the one I shot.

Lord willing, I'll see him next spring :)

I've put off dressing the bird until this morning. I do want to know what he weighs. All I know at this point is; after the two miles to the truck...I couldn't wait to get home and eat some Advil and get some heat on that shoulder;) Still hoping I can coax it to function afore the season goes out :)

Thanks to ALL Family and Friends for supporting and encouraging me to 'just disappear' if the 1st falls on a 'huntin' day :) !!

02-Nov-14
Happy Birthday Ed. Ya old bugger:)

02-Nov-14
Congrats on the bird Ed!

02-Nov-14
Congrats on the day AND the bird! :)

02-Nov-14
Congrats Brother!

02-Nov-14
Happy Birthday Ed... belated. And congrats on the bird. Never heard of one gobbling on his fallen comrade... strange... last display of dominance?

02-Nov-14
Way to go Ed, on both B days.

• Sitka Gear