vvreddy 02-Nov-14
bow shot 02-Nov-14
bow shot 02-Nov-14
bow shot 02-Nov-14
kc 02-Nov-14
bow shot 03-Nov-14
bow shot 24-Dec-14
01-Nov-14
Did anyone else find out the hard way that the 2nd draw for doe tags is different this year?

I failed to get my license early enough this year, so I got no doe tags when i bought it.

As I understand it, the Nov 1, 2nd draw used to be a sure thing, as long as the WMU quota (for your target area) was not fulfilled at the first draw: ie., as long as you try for one on the 1st, you got your tag(s). Next day's draw depended on quota status after day 1.

Well, lots of us found out it doesn't work that way anymore. At about 9:50 the counter (at Bass Pro) issued a note to all of us in line that several WMUs were "now no longer offering doe tags".

SURPRISE!!

Yup, I know, my own fault. Just letting y'all know so that you don't make the same mistake I did, next year. Heads up!

02-Nov-14
The procedure on the website and the email i got is described the same as prior years. May be worth a phone call in case BP screwed up.

02-Nov-14
no, no screw up. I went to the town clerk just in case: same thing. NYS screwed up. Government. So be ready folks.

02-Nov-14

bow shot's Link
here's the link of how it was normally done. Looks like they just didn't update the website. NYS is notorious for this kind of thing. Like The ubner and the President: Law by decree, sucka. You obey now, we'll "fill in the blanks" as we go.

02-Nov-14
I meant the Gubner. Mr Cuomo.

02-Nov-14
That's funny a fellow bowsiter got one mailed to him. It was his second choice which he had been turned down for earlier.

03-Nov-14
New York, lol!!

24-Dec-14
Update: I see, now that time has passed, that this was not a change in law or method. It was a DEC screw-up wherein the permit network/system failed.

For now, it should be understood by all that the current regs/method described by DEC on their site are valid (as long as something doesn't go boom on them again)

Typical gubmint run operation. Lowest bidder quality!!

• Sitka Gear