sundaynwv 12-Nov-14
wvmule 12-Nov-14
grizzlys61 15-Nov-14
ken 15-Nov-14
swvboy 18-Nov-14
ken 18-Nov-14
sundaynwv 19-Nov-14
04-Nov-14
Mason and Roane both will have Sunday hunting. A special thanks to Jeromy Rose and the WVBA.

04-Nov-14
Thank you again Cory. Maybe we can get it in Jackson co next go round.

04-Nov-14
Great job guys!!!

04-Nov-14
And the dominoes continue to fall...

Great job

04-Nov-14
Wow. I'm amazed. Thanks for all the hard work.

05-Nov-14
Great Job to all that voted

05-Nov-14
when can it come up on monroe countys ballot and what do i have to do to initiate it? would it be the presidential ballot in 2016?

05-Nov-14
It would be the presidential ballot. Unfortunately, Mason is not high on the list of targets due to the difficult nature of securing the county along with other reasons.

05-Nov-14
I tried to get signatures in Monroe. I think I had close to enough for the 5% then someone went around and stole the petitions from the stores.

I thought that stealing wasn't a very religious thing to do, but what do I know? I guess some people feel you only have to be religious for an hour or two on Sunday morning.

05-Nov-14
Monroe not Mason.

06-Nov-14
smokey same thing in fayette , so when its time in fayette to try again me and some buddies gonna try different way of getting signature instead of just laying out in stores,, I never thought sunday hunting would float but Im now eating my words ,, hats off to cory and folks thats made it happen so far

06-Nov-14
how is it any more difficult than other counties? and what are the other reasons? would somone happen to know what the five percent number would be for this county? i guess i could ask at the courthouse?

06-Nov-14
It's around 400 signatures for Monroe county. At the state NWTF meeting last year the Monroe chapter was the only chapter that "suggested" that they would not support Sunday hunting.

I had a long discussion with one of their officers and was told that due to religious objections it was unlikely Sunday hunting would get support in Monroe county.

I had attended every banquet they had had since they started. This year I went to the state banquet and boycotted the Monroe banquet. As long as they won't support Sunday hunting, I won't support their chapter.

I was close to if not had enough signatures to get the 5 % required. But because I'm not there every day I couldn't check them on a regular basis. I even had a letter explaining what Sunday hunting actually meant and all the details explained put in the Weekly Local paper, the Monroe Watchman.

Since I retired, it really dosen't matter to me personally. I can hunt the other 6 days. But, it just isn't fair for people that have to work 5 or 6 days a week. Hunters could have another day to hunt and/or take their kids hunting.

If I had 1 or 2 people to help me in Monroe since Im not there all the time I would be willing to give it a try again.

06-Nov-14
YOU HAVE MY 100 PERCENT SUPPORT, TELL ME WHERE TO START

06-Nov-14
Cory, what do you think? Of course, 2016 is going to be a Presidential and Governor election which will have a bigger turnout which might not be good for getting it passed in Monroe. But then that would mean waiting 4 years for another mid term which traditionally have lower turnouts.

06-Nov-14
i just talked with a guy who helped with siggys last time and he was telling me what you said about everything getting stolen.

07-Nov-14
I think Monroe would benefit the most from us pursuing other counties with continued success and eventually win Monroe and others via legislation.

07-Nov-14
Ok

07-Nov-14
dam something bad must have happened in this county or to piss someone off! sounds like it would be no problem getting the siggys

07-Nov-14
Signatures are not difficult. Passing a county is difficult. We need a very good track record of winning.

12-Nov-14

wvmule's embedded Photo
wvmule's embedded Photo
just saw this thread. You are welcome, Cory.

However, my help is just a drop in the bucket to what you have done with this mission. Imagine all of the great memories that have been made this fall for folks in Braxton, Calhoun, Nicholas, Webster, and Wirt that would have never happened if it has not been for you. If you had not taking the initiative to get the counties organized, be selective in where you spent your time and energy, raised money, and basically taken on a huge project that many doubted, none of this would be possible. If the legislature ever takes this issue up and does the right thing to open hunting statewide on Sunday, they need to call it Cory's bill.

Big congrats to Mason and Roane on their recent wins. They worked very hard and were by far the best organized to date, especially Roane. They raised the bar and set an great example for showing future counties how to make this a success.

Looking forward to seeing this map become even more orange in the coming years.

12-Nov-14
We are going to keep trying with our eyes on the eventual goal of statewide Sunday hunting.

12-Nov-14
Excellent. Count me in to keep helping with the campaign.

15-Nov-14
Sunday hunting to begin this Sunday Nov 16 in mason county. the Mason County Commission approved the ballot at meeting Nov 13 2014

15-Nov-14
please keep in mind that any big opener that comes in on Monday the sunday prior to Monday is closed example buck season starts on Monday November the 24th that means sunday November the 23rd is closed

18-Nov-14
Ken, Does the no Sunday hunting prior to the opening of any big game season also apply to the bow only counties as well? since they do not have a gun buck season.

18-Nov-14
It does apply state wide.That was amended into the sunday hunting bill in the last hours.Sorry this coming sunday is closed

19-Nov-14
I'm ok with the no Sunday hunting before a major opener. Unfortunately, we need laws to keep people honest.

Last Sunday was the first day of Sunday hunting for people in Mason and Roane. Of course it went off without any accidents or incidents.

• Sitka Gear