Trebarker 07-Nov-14
Dss 07-Nov-14
TreeHugger 07-Nov-14
R. Hale 07-Nov-14
KS Flatlander 07-Nov-14
Kicker Point 07-Nov-14
BV 07-Nov-14
05-Nov-14
What's everyone seeing? This morning I had 6 or 7 does come by and saw zero bucks. Thought that was kinda weird. Saturday morning I did see a couple lil bucks chasing does around pretty good but it seems like here things are maybe just starting to heat up. I suspect any day now things should heat up real good. I'm in mcpherson county.

05-Nov-14

TXRANGER's embedded Photo
One of our guys tagged out Saturday, and caught this guy on video while out riding around. Had around 3 minutes of video of him with his nose stuck in a Doe. Crossed the road at 20 yards with one thing on his mind !! SE Ks.

It's definitely started in our area with a big change from Halloween to 11/3.

05-Nov-14
Had 7 different bucks chasing does last night, and another 4 bucks cruising.

05-Nov-14

Beast !

05-Nov-14
Saw 4 bucks just taking kids to schoolaround 830 all chasing. Shawnee co.

05-Nov-14
TXRANGER,

What part of SEK are you hunting? I'm in NW Cherokee county.

05-Nov-14

BV's embedded Photo
BV's embedded Photo
I've been hunting a couple different farms this year, one up around Inman and the other around Eureka. Seeing a lot of mature bucks on camera in the dark hours around Inman. In Eureka seeing a lot of mature bucks around the 10am mark but they are traveling with other mature bucks but not showing any sign of trying to run other bucks off. It's kind of weird. Here his my big hoss, going after him tomorrow. Any thoughts on his age?

05-Nov-14
Nice deer guys! That is one stud 10 there txranger! Idk BV looks pretty darn mature tho. Wish I had deer like those on cam!

05-Nov-14
I know a lot of guys wont want to hear this. I work for a body shop and in the last 2 days we have taken in 6 deer hits. Nothing horribly bad. I did have one though that deployed every air bag, seat belt, and side curtain in the car. I don't know how the lady kept it on the road. She said she didn't even know she hit a deer until after it was over. Steering wheel bag, drivers knee bag, both front seat side impact bags, both side curtains deployed and the seatbelts locked. $10k in airbags alone and that wasn't counting the front end damage. That's one way I can usually tell things are picking up in the woods is by how many deer hits we get. Its good for business, but it breaks my heart at the same time. Passed a huge one on the side of the road tonight. I slowed down and honked a couple times to steer him back the other way. I keep a close eye on the sides of the road this time of year though. On a much better note, I have been seeing quite a bit of seeking and some trailing while on stand. Hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable season so far. I know It is shaping up to be another great season for me so far.

05-Nov-14
Saw a buck chasing does last week. This week the bucks are following behind the does. Tonight the 10 I have been seeing had a doe and her fawn singled out chasing them around a bean field.

06-Nov-14
BV,

I don't know how old he is but I would say he is definitely at his prime. That has to be one of the beefiest looking deer I've seen a picture of.

06-Nov-14
BV that is a tank. Hope you get the opportunity!

06-Nov-14

One of our guys tagged out this morning. Shot 2 miles from where we had him on Camera in August.

06-Nov-14

August

06-Nov-14
Hunted tonight in Inman and saw 4 bucks and about 50 turkey's. All the bucks were spikes. Great evening to be out just no shooters.

06-Nov-14
I saw does with yearlings and young bucks just before dusk. No movement during the day.

06-Nov-14
I hunted all day, the last two days. No movement noticed between 10am and 4pm. I have been in some good bedding areas.

I was covered in young does and a handful of young bucks dogging them.

Clearly the old does are with the mature bucks right now. Same as every year at this time.

Starting next week, I think the big boys will start cruising. Weather looks perfect.

06-Nov-14
Had a decent 8 run across the road at 5 pm .... In Lenexa in an area that you see a doe maybe 3-4 times a year. Some cruising is starting.

07-Nov-14
Ditto what some others are saying, dinks with young does, mature does and bucks not being seen as much.

I did come close to getting a shot at a real nice mature buck yesterday working a scrape line, but a small 8pt chasing a doe and her fawn came running thru that startled and turned him around. He had been headed right for my shooting lane, but he spun and ran away when he heard the 3 deer running towards him.

07-Nov-14
BV that buck has a body like a black angus bull... wow!

Nice buck TX!

Still not much mature movement where I hunt. Mature are still nocturnal on camera except for a nice 10 point at 1:36pm a couple days ago.

The cool down coming Tuesday and the full moon waning should help us out immensely.

07-Nov-14

TreeHugger's MOBILE embedded Photo
TreeHugger's MOBILE embedded Photo

Just had an orphan button buck come by. Apparently his mama is preoccupied.

07-Nov-14
The local restaurants are full of Bubba's from TX, AR, OK LA, MS, AL, SC and TN. Lots of traffic on dead end roads. Hearing much shooting after dark. Must be the time. What would we do without them?

John, Fixed it for you.

07-Nov-14
Richard...You left out 3 states but that is alright...I thought I was lost yesterday looking at all the NR plates! Oh well it's one way to thin out our 120-130 inch bucks!

07-Nov-14
I have heard rifle shots right at sun down more this week than any year prior. Ticks me off.

07-Nov-14
Funny you guy talk about rifle shots. Last night sitting in stand in Inman Ks about 5 o'clock I herd 7-10 shots ring out just South of me. Little to late in the evening to be sighting in a rifle, not sure whats going on.

• Sitka Gear