Contributors to this thread:
PSEUSER 10-Nov-14
smokey 10-Nov-14
PSEUSER 10-Nov-14
NWO 10-Nov-14
thesquid 16-Nov-14
FIP 16-Nov-14
10-Nov-14
So Wednesday through Friday I will be hunting in the North West part of the state, Ladysmith to be exact. From talking with my buddy who I'm going to be hunting with, he said anywhere from 8-14 inches of snow. Any ideas to what I should expect as deer movement/activity? Are they going to be strictly feeding. How do I approach this 3 day snow white hunt?

10-Nov-14
I am in the Hayward area and at 2:00 P.M. about 6-8" and still snowing.

They will be moving. Maybe not as much as prior to the storm but it will be worth some scouting. It would be better later after some time for them to leave more definite sign. As long as there is a good food source they will still be up to going there and bucks if not with a hot doe will be checking them out.

Bring warm clothes since it will get cold. Single digits Thursday night.

10-Nov-14
Thanks for the input. I've decided to play it by ear. I'm coming from Manitowoc and won't be leaving til 4 tomorrow afternoon. A little nervous as far as travel is concerned. As much as I want to hunt, I'd rather be safe and not chance it. A deer is not worth getting into an accident. Plus I'm trying to save my vacation for an elk hunt in Colorado next September :)

10-Nov-14
Past experience tells me that the 3rd day after huge storms are the best.

16-Nov-14
As NWO said along with an hour or so right after.

16-Nov-14
I would save the days for your out west hunt.

Bucks that vanished for 3 weeks are now coming back to conservation plots to feed about 1 hour after dark. So I think that if you do go then focus on food not Rut.

• Sitka Gear