punch 05-Dec-14
brewski 09-Dec-14
itshot 09-Dec-14
brewski 09-Dec-14
punch 10-Dec-14
Brokenarrow129 20-Jan-17
swampokie 20-Jan-17
12-Nov-14
Hey guys! Spike Bull here! I am in the Villages for a few days, anyone close by? Wanna have coffee?

12-Nov-14
Spike

Just passed your exit about 30 min ago, on the clock so stopping not an option

Watch out for Fl Cougars...many sightings in that area!!

13-Nov-14
Cougars everywhere! Including the one I am married to!

Well she is younger than me but still a fox!

13-Nov-14
Cougars everywhere! Including the one I am married to!

Well she is younger than me but still a fox!

23-Nov-14

brewski's embedded Photo
brewski's embedded Photo
Took this picture this morning...Pasco County

26-Nov-14
Brewski areyou the same brewski that is on the colo site. Ijust moved here from Colo in Sept. New Port Richey now

27-Nov-14
Punch Yes I am. I get around huh? I'm also in New Port Richey near Starkey Wilderness Park

27-Nov-14
Brewski Moved here 1st of Sept after 35yrs in colo. We are near main and congress. So far its been good.Have shot at TBSC and Brittens. Will be looking for hunting spots for 2015.

27-Nov-14
punch, where in Colorado did you come from?

28-Nov-14
Aurora ;out skirts of Denver.

28-Nov-14
I"m from the other side..Arvada

28-Nov-14
alittle back ground; staff shooter for Tanglewood 13 yrs prior to the new guy . Help start No Limits and there for the 1st 4 1/2 years. Past president of GHCA and 7 years on the board of the CBA. Wife was 2001 bowhunter class shooter of the year. Needless to say archery is our thing. Fishing will now take some of that time

28-Nov-14
Funny...I was an area rep for CBA for several years. I used to shoot at Tanglewood . A buddy of mine opened up a shop in Arvada but it followed the same path as most archery shops. Tough business ..

Have you bought a boat or kayak yet?

Steve

28-Nov-14
Punch, I shot compound for years, then went to traditional for several years now I'm back to compound Mathews Reezen 7. I'll probably spent the whole Elk season back in Co this year . I'm jonez'n to hear the Elk again

29-Nov-14
Who was your buddy? When Bruce owned Tanglewood it was a great place/had a lot of fun.I have shot both also. I gave boys all my trad equip when I left Colo.I had a Lofton longbowand a Gary Bassett recurve. My boys and their family's are still. I want a fishing boat and brother want a pontoon / who knows but I want tofish Tarpon Lake; I heard it is a prettygood lake

29-Nov-14
My buddy is Art Morisset . He opened a shop right on 58 in Arvada. I know Gary. I shot his prototype bow at a traditional shoot. He's a good guy. I shot a Herb Meland pronghorn, then a Deathwish long bow, and a John Gottshalk recurve. John made a beautiful pronghorn copy and it was a smooth soft o the hands shooter. John has passed away but his bows live on. As far as Tarpon lake...pretty fished out. I have 2 sit on top kayaks rigged for fishing, and a couple of nice lakes to put them in if your looking for bass. Let me know if you'd like to hook up and swamp stomp or fish?

29-Nov-14
will do / Still getting our act together/ part time jobs just got started etc....

29-Nov-14
brewski, welcome back

that Starkey Ranch buck pic is cool, some amazing turkey flocks in there too....don't they have summertime hog hunts? seems like i saw that somewhere

you bashed that area pretty hard upon your departure, what brings you back?

welcome to Fl punch, plenty of stuff to do outdoors, hope you enjoy it

29-Nov-14
Greg that Buck isn't from Starkey. I have a little spot where I kind of wander into just to take pictures. Can't hunt it, which is too bad because I almost always see big hogs there and a few nice bucks..

I still think there can't be a worse state to bowhunt in than Florida. I'm back for awhile as I split residency between Fl and Utah.

29-Nov-14
ooops! i misunderstood

everything is relative, right? Not sure what you mean by worse

I'd much rather shiver than sweat, pass a 120 knowing a 170+ is around, and bloodtrail in the snow....some guys have it made

I have yet to regret taking any animal in FL with a bow, though...some of the toughest animals in the country to hunt IMO

30-Nov-14
I wouldn't regret taking an animal in Florida either. The biggest issues to me are the lack of access and the permit system. There has to be a reason most of the people I talk to about hunting here in Florida belong to a club, or go to Georgia or Alabama to hunt.

30-Nov-14
brewski, i see your frustration

I've been in a club and traveled to Georgia and Alabama for the 'greener grass', and now have a very small lease that offers some unique opportunities

BUT, within an hour or two from your house, I've got several spots on state/federal land, most no special permit or quota required, that hold plenty of game...they are there, just got to put time in scouting and sitting the vigil

Goethe, Devil's Hammock, Upper Hillsborough, Watermelon Pond, Chassahowitzka, Ocala, Lower Suwannee, Cedar Key Scrub, Arbuckle, Green Swamp, Richloam, Croom....on and on

those places alone offer a lifetime of scouting and hunting and all hold great deer, turkey and hogs and small game

There's a million more acres if you expand your drive North or South

It's not Kansas whitetails, but almost better in its own way

05-Dec-14
Guys; I believe there are pros and cons in every state when it comes to hunting and fishing. I have lived in 5 states and 2 countries and each had a species or an area that was better than the others and hunted in 7 different states. I am starting to met some folks here and finding out areas that hold some good hog,deer and turkey with easy access but need to do my homework. Bought a boat yesterday and will start enjoying the vast amount of of both fresh and salt water fishing this state offers. In between I hope I have time for some practice on the 3-d range for 2015 shoots. Happy Holidays

05-Dec-14
The access and land available to hunt must be regional?? Up here we don't seem to have that problem. I have enjoyed bowhunting Florida deer and definitely don't regret any of the deer I have taken.

Hope you guys have a great Christmas...Welcome to Florida punch!

05-Dec-14
Thanks Panhandle Bob;My Dad .was in the Air Force and I spent my high school years in Panama City. I remember hunting Dove and hogs up there. I have never regretted a harvest with my bow or even a couple of gun hunts(would have been better w/bow) .My opinion only!! I would rather hunt w/t than a muley any day. Merry Christmas

09-Dec-14

brewski's Link
A few Florida bucks in my photo book

09-Dec-14
Great pics brewski!

09-Dec-14
Thanks Greg

10-Dec-14
Really nice pictures

20-Jan-17
WOW! Great pics, brewski

20-Jan-17
I know its been over two years but those are the most amazing photos ive ever saw Thanks brewski

• Sitka Gear