Ace 18-Nov-14
CTCrow 18-Nov-14
steve 18-Nov-14
steve 19-Nov-14
SILVERADO 21-Nov-14
Ridgehunter 22-Nov-14
SILVERADO 22-Nov-14
13-Nov-14
Driving out now with my good friend Chris aka Blade211, were headed out to Buck Country Outfitters in Caneyville, KY. We left last night around 8:45 and are still driving. About another 2 hours to go, we're going to be staying in Bowling Green this evening and then head over to Buck Country tommorow morning to start our afternoon hunt. We'll keep you guys posted. Wishing everyone good hunting luck in CT.

13-Nov-14
Good luck guys.

13-Nov-14
shoot some big ones fast and come back early might need some help dragging . LOL

13-Nov-14
GL buddy

13-Nov-14
Good luck guys! Silverado I hope a giant walks by... You deserve it after your theft experience a few weeks back.

13-Nov-14
Good luck.

13-Nov-14
Good luck Dave

13-Nov-14
Good luck you all.

13-Nov-14

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
Thanks guys, just got to the hotel a little while ago. It's an awesome hotel and a great start to a wonderful trip.

13-Nov-14
Btw passed 19 dead deer on te way out. Hopefully that's a good sign that they are moving.

13-Nov-14
Some very Nice deer out that way Dave

Good luck

13-Nov-14
Silverado,

that's the place you're hunting out of!! NICE! I had a 2 person tent in New Mexico for elk, so a hot shower and warm bed at night sounds like you're living in the lap of luxury!!

Now go get a nice deer.

13-Nov-14
No it's our hotel for tonight. Heading to our hunting lodge Tommorow it's about 40 minutes from here. I'm sure it's gonna be a little more modest, but extremely excited to be headed there in the am.

13-Nov-14
dang dude,i pictured you guys hudling around a can of sterno..GL GUYS,..

13-Nov-14
Good luck Dave!

13-Nov-14
Good luck to both of you. Have a safe trip and shoot a monster.

Btw, your dad say first fork buck or bigger gets it since you are not here to watch over his shoulder.

He put some of your hunting spots on craigslist for $25 a day.

13-Nov-14
Good luck sounds like it is gonna be a great trip !!!

13-Nov-14
Good luck. Glue your ass to a stand.

13-Nov-14
Dave is That Fireball ? that will keep you warm in Stand all day nice

13-Nov-14
Good luck guys!

13-Nov-14
Good luck in Kentucky! It looks you guys are getting ready for a cocktail from the looks of the counter top!

13-Nov-14

Lol..... Gotta celebrate the start of a great hunt.

13-Nov-14
Best of luck. Bleed Connecticut Blue.

13-Nov-14
Good Luck Dave!! Smoke a Booner..

13-Nov-14
Thanks for sharing silverado, keep us updated!!!

13-Nov-14
Will do guys thanks for reading.stay tuned, we arrive at deer camp tommorow around noon and head out shortly after that.

13-Nov-14

Upcoming weather forecast

13-Nov-14

13-Nov-14
Good luck, Where waiting to see some BBD pictures .

13-Nov-14
Hope you packed long johns

13-Nov-14
Just doesn't seem like a road trip unless you're cooking vienna sausages on the manifold of your car :) Good luck on the hunt.

14-Nov-14
Good luck! Post pictures!

14-Nov-14
Good luck.

14-Nov-14
Silverado

keep us posted bud! Anxious to hear how the hunt goes. I'll be watching you all day today.

14-Nov-14
Thanks guys were up now about to head out to breakfast in a little bit, and then head over to start out hunt. Spoke to the outfitter, and he said movement has slowed a little since last week, but we're all hopeful with the cold weather that's here and the expected snowfall sun night that will be the ticket to get them moving. He's still getting lots of pics of nice bucks but a lot at night. Stay tuned

14-Nov-14
Good luck, be safe and have fun!

14-Nov-14

The drive out

14-Nov-14
What time is the first sit?

14-Nov-14
Doing a live hunt?

14-Nov-14
Good luck man! The Midwest is a whole other world when it comes to deer hunting! You picked a good year to go because so far it's been a horrible rut here in ct Keep us posted!

14-Nov-14
I had 0 sightings tonight Chris had one doe come in10 min after getting set. General consensus between other hunters is that the movement is slow. A few does seen and ine busted up little guy.

14-Nov-14
Good luck!

14-Nov-14
Good luck man I'm rooting for you. Let's see some big bucks.

14-Nov-14

15-Nov-14
0 for Silverado last night. Chriss saw a doe slow night he said he will try to post every day dad

15-Nov-14
Pulling for you guys. Git err done!

15-Nov-14
Silverado - How many guys are hunting with this outfitter and how much land does he have to hunt on? Good luck!

15-Nov-14
In the stand now, had a buck chasing does by me in the dark, I couldn't see size. Since then it's been dead. Hopefully some of the other guys are having luck. There are currently 7 guys in camp, and he has 3000 managed bow hunting only acres. 1 guy leaves tonight and another on mon. I'm pulling an all day sit. Morning temps were 19, and an expected High of 37.

15-Nov-14
Good luck

15-Nov-14
The guide just texted me to see how I was doing some of the other guys saw some bucks cruising and chasing. Hopefully they'll start moving soon

15-Nov-14
Saw one deer about 80 yds out shortly before dark. Unable to identify whether it was a buck or doe. One other guy in camp saw 6 bucks, another saw 1 shooter around 130". Going back to the same stand in the am and then gonna switch it up for the afternoon. Heading to the river where some good bucks were caught on video. Stay tuned.

15-Nov-14
Hey silverado good luck out there I just came back from Kansas after 7 days of hard hunting , passed up a couple 140 inch 3.5-4 year old studs in hopes of hitting one of the 4-5 booners we had on camera but last 3 days the big ones went on lock down and only saw small bucks.

15-Nov-14
Good luck tomorrow

16-Nov-14
I just got back from KY, not far from you. We stayed in Madisonville and Hopkinsville and hunted off rt 62 in White Plains.

It's the rifle season now, you hunting rifle or bow?

If you get one, bring it to Livingstons meat processors in Greenville, they do a great job for only $70.

Good Luck

18-Nov-14
Seen any?

18-Nov-14
Dave is on lock down apparently. Hopefully he's laser focused on a booner!

Wait, was that banjo music I heard?

18-Nov-14
LOL

18-Nov-14
He is froze 12 degrees hasn't seen a buck except the one that ran in front of the truck in the dark, said he sees more deer here last stand is tomorrow morning. Steve

19-Nov-14

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
Well its there last morning nothing so far .Steve

21-Nov-14
Hey guys finally back in ct. We ended up going with no kills on this hunt, I did see a 150-160" monster in the dark driving to my stand location one morning. Literally about 200 yds from my stand. The rest of the week was slow I saw a few small bucks and does. Trail cams showed the big boys were all moving in the dark. Weather may also have played a factor with extreme low temps and high winds. I think that the gun season also forced them to go nocturnal. Even though it was 3,000 acres of bow only property, there was gun hunting from people on neighboring land. Sounded like 4th of July some days. Chris aka blade211 did see one shooter chasing does, from on stand. Never came closer then 120 yds. He passed on several 100-110" bucks as there was a 130" min. Sorry wish the ct guys could have pulled it off for you guys, but it wasn't for lack of trying. We were the two lone survivors, the rest of the guys bailed early and left. We logged 52 hours on stand in a 5 day hunt.

22-Nov-14
Solid effort Dave, no guarantee on a guided hunt, still got to hunt them the same way as back home, the way you did a lot of hours on stand, most people I talk to who go on guided hunts aren't usually successful the first time, sometimes takes two or three times going back to get the deer you looking for, then of coarse the weather factor, thanks for sharing your hunt.

22-Nov-14
Thanks ridge, I definetly knew the possibility of coming home empty handed, I was just hoping to see some of the big boys on their feet, even if they were out of range. But I guess that's hunting no matter where you are. Never the less it was a great time, beautiful property and made some new friends, so overall it was a win.

• Sitka Gear