treesitter 14-Nov-14
treesitter 18-Nov-14
Vermonster 18-Nov-14
VTer 19-Nov-14
JacksMT 19-Nov-14
VTer 20-Nov-14
beanie 22-Nov-14
13-Nov-14
Hi Guys, I'm a CT bowsite member. I don't know if any of you guys can tell me if you have snow on the ground in Granville which is near Hancock. Im headed there for the rifle opener for the first time in three years. My friend has a house an property there. I really don't expect to see much but I will enjoy being in the "big woods". By the activity on your site there doesn't seem to be be many bow-hunters in VT If you have a minute, check out the CT site. we have a very active membership. Thanks for your input and I look forward to visiting your beautiful state. Thanks, Mark

14-Nov-14
The higher elevations have snow. It looks like some rain/snow is coming through later on Sunday and Monday. Then it's going to be in the 20's and 30' for a few days with wind. I hope the weather gets them moving around.

14-Nov-14
Thanks VTslinger, I hope to just see a deer this weekend. Ive spent days huntin high and low without even a sighting in the past. Snow makes it easier to see through the woods as well as tracking. Thanks and good luck to you.

18-Nov-14
Just to follow up, we hunted hard for 3days. We pushed swamps, sat on fields, Climbed high.. We only cut two fresh tracks. We did see a few fairly fresh scrapes but not even a tail. We had a nice time but the country seems to be void of deer. We even had a inch of fresh snow. Not even a track crossing a road. really tough hunting. Good luck to all.

18-Nov-14
Sounds like the new norm for VT deer hunting.

19-Nov-14
Just another day in VT.

19-Nov-14

JacksMT's embedded Photo
JacksMT's embedded Photo
I saw this buck as he crossed my driveway last Friday morning at 4:45am in east burke on my way to work. His neck was blown up and he was certainly on the move. One of the largest racked bucks I've ever seen. I've been hunting him the last few days behind my place and found several of these rubs and quite a bit of deer sign. Whether he's 10 miles away, dead or locked up with a doe, I'll probably never know. After years of skepticism i'm now convinced they do exist in this state.

20-Nov-14
Thanks for pointing out the reason for our bad deer hunting. A 16 day rifle season right during the rut. People can say this and that about what's wrong with our state, but won't open their eyes about our rifle season.

22-Nov-14
Took my Dads gun for a walk today. Not even a Bluejay sighting. Guess I better go back to Pa to see a Deer

• Sitka Gear