10orbetter 14-Nov-14
Bloodtrail 14-Nov-14
NWO 14-Nov-14
RutNut@work 14-Nov-14
RUGER1022 14-Nov-14
Bloodtrail 14-Nov-14
thesquid 14-Nov-14
13-Nov-14
What the hell is wrong with people... its disheartening. Why take what's not yours? Good luck I hope you catch the d bag.

13-Nov-14

Geitz's embedded Photo
Geitz's embedded Photo
I was able to turn the photo and get a face picture.

Sorry, I had to...

I'm not sure how you can ID someone with that photo but good luck. I don't understand why people do this this stuff. Probably a neighbor and eventually, you'll probably run across your equipment. Might be good thing to etch info on stands and stuff or make a serial number somewhere these guys will not find.

13-Nov-14
A thief without a back tag? Imagine that.

It can ruin your season knowing a scumbag is not only on your property, but taking it as well!

13-Nov-14
A thief without a back tag? Imagine that.

It can ruin your season knowing a scumbag is not only on your property, but taking it as well!

13-Nov-14
I would post that pic at every local grocery store bulletin board in town. Someone will rat out that b@$t&#d for $50.

At the very least when that pile walks into the store, and knows that it's him on that board,he'll be put on notice that you're not putting up any nonsense.

13-Nov-14
After thinking about it, how do you know this individual is the one stealing your friends stuff?

13-Nov-14
It looks like that man is well over 6' tall.

Hope you figure it out.

Things like this are pretty much the only reason I would ever spend the money on one of those wireless cell signal trail cams.

Putting no trespassing signs that also say "under video surveillance" stopped our problems.

13-Nov-14
I would try to get a reference on the tree that is right next to him..but a mark on the pic and measure the height of him by using the picture. Then you will have a good size reference for the description.

Good luck and I hope you catch the sucker!

Try mounting a camera so high in the tree that he would be able to get it out without a ladder or something also to ensure he will not steal another one.

Also use a camera python as well to secure your cams!

13-Nov-14
I have this same problem and often wonder what would happen if you carefully buried a bear trap under a camera. :)

13-Nov-14
also see if you can get a picture of his boot prints in that area measured against a ruler. You could have the name of the boots he was wearing as well as his shoe size for comparison later if you catch him. If its a good print you could have someone take an imprint of it to match up any imperfections in the sole of the boot which will also close the door on any excuse he might dream up. Good luck.

13-Nov-14
Looks like a pretty good size dirtbag. I would start with neighbors. A yard ape like that should be pretty recognizable.

13-Nov-14
If you put a bear trap under a camera and someone gets their leg broke you will get sued and probably end up in jail too.

13-Nov-14
Good luck on the A Hole who is trespassing/stealing. I owned land and had continuous problems with trespassers, thieves and no real support from the Sheriff's Office. One deputy told me that he didn't want to talk to some suspects because his son went to school with them. Imagine That! This year they were hunting in my son's tree stands and took his pull up rope leaving York Mint wrappers at two different stand sites. Again, I wish you luck and is why I hunt the big woods now in Vilas Co, no longer hunting Jackson County.

If by chance he is reading this he should be aware that it all comes around!

13-Nov-14
Just had a friend this week who drew a tag in Iowa, first night hunting on public land, came back out to find his truck was broken into, they stole 5 bins of clothing and equipment. I feel terrible for him. He told me the sheriff took a 7 page report from him.

13-Nov-14
I would show the pic to the sheriff's department and other local law enforcement. Sometimes locals may know the perp but won't "rat him out". I know of one case where a farmer thought someone was stealing gas from his fuel barrel. His neighbor set up a deer cam in video mode. They got a video of a guy stealing gas but didn't know who it was . They took it to the local PD and the first words out of their mouth was "oh ya, we know him".

13-Nov-14
Thanks Les and thanks guys! This has been going on for some time now. We are working with the Sheriff's Department and they have been willing to help. The low life has taken stuff multiple times and it is getting frustrating.

We have owned the land for close to 20 years and have never had problems. Most of the neighbors are top notch people. We got this one picture of a person we don't know. I'm not sure if he is connected to the thefts but it is suspected he is.

We got three leads today from the picture I posted on Facebook. The Sheriff's Department will be following up on the leads tomorrow.

All we want is for this to stop and our stuff back. Thanks for all the suggestions and comments! I'm looking forward to having a good hunt with my 10 year old daughter this year.

Thanks Andy

13-Nov-14
Oh and we have offered a reward if the individual(s) is caught and convicted with the return of our property.

14-Nov-14
Benruda, hope you get justice.

14-Nov-14
Not a bad idea Stinky - Raspy measuring shoe prints and looking at shoe brand is nice if ya have it - too much CSI stuff there.

Those with trespassing problems need to become part of the solution!

There isn't a easier way to "catch" a trespasser or a thief than a simple deer camera - but YOU have to make an investment with a bit of time and money - but it's your land...ya gotta be serious!

Camoflaguing cameras is only limited to your imagination! Be creative. "Bird Houses" make great surveillance housing! A fake fence post - hollow one out...put the camera there!! Simple floral (fake) leaves at Wal-Mart - they looks so real...cover the cmera with it. The ole' "Fake log" also comes to mind!!The list goes on!

Cameras now record audio as well...when ya get two idiots trespassing - perhaps ya can pick up some conversation as well.

In some aspects people need to start taking care of what is their property and not rely so heavily on the government/law enforcement. As time passes LE becomes busier and most rural Sheriff's deputies are not finding more employees being hired...just larger case loads. Patrolling for trespassers becomes pretty low on the priority list. Not because it's not important, but only so much time in a day!

So do yourself a favor - take an active role in protecting what is yours (property) and you will find over time that it is both money/time well spent!! You may even have a little fun doing it!

For those of you that think by simply stopping at the neighbors and "asking" if they trespassed - yep, fat chance! Of course they did not do that..just ask em'.

Get a picture...it speaks a thousand words!

14-Nov-14
Its to bad its gotten to this point. I remember when we left our home doors unlocked, car keys always left in the ignition. When I start baiting bears in the Spring I find myself more concerned about people finding my spots, stealing tree stands, trail cameras. Wish I could just go out, bait and have fun without worrying about thief's and nosey people.

14-Nov-14
BT, kind of surprising that you being a leo would encourage people to take the law into their own hands. I do agree with you though;)

14-Nov-14
Times have changed , last trip out west a Warden told me to keep very little in your truck and leave it unlocked , so when I come out at night I won't find a shattered window . Nice .

14-Nov-14
Hang on there Rut - I said nothing about taking the law into your own hands!

I can see where you "might" get that indication however.

What I did say was to be pro-active in protecting your own property!

I do not advocate anyone taking the law into their own hands. When you have the evidence, then call law enforcement and let them handle the matter from there. Do not be confrontational as it could land you in jail or the hospital or worse yet...the morgue! There is enough folks playing with a short deck.

Get your evidence, stop at the Sheriff's Office and hand it over. Let them take it from there.

14-Nov-14
JackPine Acres ........I have this same problem and often wonder what would happen if you carefully buried a bear trap under a camera. :) --- I almost set a pungie stick trap Viet Nam stile for one once but I think I'd be in jail for the rest of my life had I done that.

• Sitka Gear