Cally24 16-Nov-14
Huntin' Hardcore 16-Nov-14
Dr. Deer 17-Nov-14
Toonces 17-Nov-14
Dr. Deer 17-Nov-14
Will 17-Nov-14
spike78 17-Nov-14
14-Nov-14
HAS ANYONE TEST DRIVEN ANY OF THE MATHEWS BOWS?

14-Nov-14
Why even bother? There is nothing in their lineup that will bring the deer closer to stand. Buy one once and stick with it until it breaks beyond repair, it gets stolen, or you stop hunting.

14-Nov-14
Sixlomaz I agree I bought an outback 11 years ago . A very fast bow shoots great I love it !!!

14-Nov-14
Tried the new no cams bows they are very smooth and fast but given today's technology there is no difference I bought the new chill R this year and it's a great bow I wouldn't change it for new ones the no cams is nothing more than a new gimmick to sell more bows because they are running out of ideas

14-Nov-14
I dont think running out of ideas is the reason that they would design and build a completely new bow with a new cam system.

14-Nov-14
no cam system ... lol ... to be exact ... next we are going back to string and stick only ...

14-Nov-14
I encourage anyone to give Elite bows a try you will not be dissapointed. With their solid back wall they are a hunters bow. And no Im not being paid by them but I wish i was. Im not bashing Mathews but just wanted to say at least draw one back as I cant say enough good things about them.

14-Nov-14
Its really not exactly no-cam, its just a marketing name. look how the mods rotate...they are not mounted in to the cam axle centers. They load up the limbs exponentially.

14-Nov-14
I used to be a Dealer and still like to keep up on the new bows,I am going to try a elite myself.I have been a mathews user for many years.I presently am shooting a creed ,the vally falls off to late in the draw cycle making the bow feels like it wants to jump out of your hands.to spike which model elite did you buy?

14-Nov-14
One bow ever? Im good for two a yr :) If I behave!!!

14-Nov-14
One bow ever? Im good for two a yr :) If I behave!!!

14-Nov-14
Been using a NoCam Black Widow for a long time.

14-Nov-14
spike 78..... I've owned a couple Elite's and will never hunt with anything else. Love it.

14-Nov-14
I have shot the no cam and it is No big deal, just another Mathews Gimic that won't sell and isn't going to resurrect a dying company. Mathews just laid off 35 full time employees so I think the writing is on the wall. Mathews started the company and identified themselves as a single cam company , now that the single cam is basically nonexistent they have to try to save face anyway they can. First the came out with a in the tearms "insuperior" double cam system with the monster now they come out with their own bogus spin on the Binary system. To me it's a total joke!

14-Nov-14
I am trying the Elite. Not grouping great out of the box, so it gives me something to do when in Cali. Got to fiddle with it before I come to any conclusions. Using a Black Widow and a G5 prime Defy in CT this year. That bow isn't blazing but fits me well. Might try that new NoCam bow, but I drew one at the bow shop that was 70 lbs and it felt like 80!! Got the Elite Synergy (brand new model) and the 65 lb peak bow draws like 60. Will let you know when I know more.

15-Nov-14
Bowmen, I have the Hunter. I used to hunt at 63-65 pounds and when i bought the Elite I was easily able to draw the 70 pounds like a 63 pound. So smooth it even felt like 60 pounds. Came in handy this morning as I drew back and waited for the right shot on a deer. I could of held it even longer no sweat.

15-Nov-14
Mr Vong, yup same here, no need to look at a different brand. With my Slicktricks the searches are over. Dr deer, let me know how like it, Im sure you will.

16-Nov-14
I just hope we, as a group of archery enthusiasts, can appreciate just how far bow technology has come in the last 20 years.

People will always have their personal favorite manufacturer. That's a given. Truth is; all manufacturers have poured countless effort into research and development, to give each and every one of us the best product possible.

So, whether you're a Hoyt, Bear, Prime, or Mathews shooter, it all matters. It matters because technology comes full circle, when the consumer purchases a bow. Money from that purchase goes toward new R&D, and into future "breakthrough's".

Lets give credit, where credit is due; archers and engineering.

16-Nov-14
It is proven that slightly high Nock travel is the most consistent and accurate nock travel, do you not think that all companies could have made a bow with level nock travel already????? It is inferior that's why it hasn't been done. Also I cant remember the last time I shot any brands flagship bow and felt handshock.

17-Nov-14
I did notice, as Pat said, that the let down is smooth. I suppose that could save you when you draw too early and have to let down with deer around. Something to think about, all other things being equal.

17-Nov-14
Based on the pics on the website alone I wouldn't buy one. Fugly looking things. A lot of the newer bows don't even look like bows anymore in my opinion.

17-Nov-14
Yeah. Kinda boxy. I thought they and other one-cam bows supposedly fixed the problem of non-level nock travel years ago? I remember an advertisement showing that. But, at the end of the day, I might need one. Just because. Just have to give this Elite a fair try. Tearing paper just a little low but I have it nocked 1/4 inch above level, so I don't know what that means. Grouping okay but shooting a grab bag of arrows with different fletches (all quick spin quick fletch but different batches) Got to shoot some perfectly matched arrows to before I move forward. The G5 Defy I am using is a tack driver but not as fast as the bows I have had in the past (creed, chill), but for east coast it's perfecto. My creed is up on ebay, fyi. For those thinking of trying Elite, the Energy 35's eBay value has dropped because they came out with a new model (the Synergy, which I bought) and they draw super smooth, as someone said. 65lbs feels like 58. As opposed to the NoCam, where 70 felt like 80 to me.

17-Nov-14
Cally24 has a great point. I mean, my 82nd Airborne looks "old school" compared to some of the new stuff. What's amazing though, is that every now and then I shoot my Pearson Renegade III from 1993. Smallish round wheels, no wall, actual metal cables and tear drops for the string. The stabilizer was called a "neutralizer" and is filled with mercury to absorb shock (according to the company at least). Every now and then I think I should set it up as a fingers bow... then I shoot it and realize I could go to Dicks and by some entry level bow package for like 250 bucks and it would be far far far more enjoyable to shoot.

I loved that Pearson. I dont know if Ill ever get rid of it because I love it for the history I have with it... but man alive... the improvements in the last 20-25 years are insane!

17-Nov-14
Will I had a Pearson Spoiler and shot fingers. I wish I still had it as a backup bow.

• Sitka Gear