maxracx 15-Nov-14
RutNut@work 15-Nov-14
Novemberforever 15-Nov-14
RutNut@work 15-Nov-14
Steve White 16-Nov-14
Jeff in MN 17-Nov-14
Steve White 18-Nov-14
14-Nov-14
Just seen something that always makes me a bit to see. Even worse when I know full well it is from poaching. The biggest doe I got visiting on a daily basis. In the weather thread posted about her yesterday browsing just off my patio. Just limped past along the edge. The wife hollered to me, looks like fatty has an arrow in her. I look and sure enough could see an arrow hanging from her front shoulder.

To far out to get a good pic of it. Wish there was something legally I could do about. Maybe backtrack to where she was shot. But would need the deer to back that up. If does were legal here would go put her down. Coyote or wolves will do that tonight I'm sure.

Just makes me sick to see it though!

14-Nov-14
could have been a youth hunter

14-Nov-14
CALL IT IN!!!!!!! Either you are part of the problem, or part of the solution.

14-Nov-14

Tag elder's Link
This makes me sick.....illegals- illegally poaching!!

14-Nov-14
Youth hunt on thursday or this morning? This deer was fine yesterday mid morning.

Did talk to my warden today as I ran into him. Answer was what do you think.

14-Nov-14
I think what he meant was youths can still target antlerless; their free tag is good in any unit, including bucks only.

14-Nov-14
I guess that could be. I have my doubts though being it is a doe from my backyard. Knowing where they move here, and where she came from. Would bet I could be at shot site in under 30 mins. I could almost guess 1 of 3 places and be right. Take a look at it on google maps. I am maybe 300 yds from henry drive, and lake content drive on 70 in St Germain. She came from north across the highway. They bed in small hole behind my neighbors house directly across from me. Was headed to a bedding area directly behind me to the south. With the snow would be easy to back Track to shot site. Easy as well to cut off and put down. Not rocket science or really a priority for LE. If one of my guesses was right there would be nothing that could be done legally. So it would be a waste of time.

Wish I knew of a young bowhunter in the area now. Would take them on a hunt.

15-Nov-14
Read Tag Elder's linked article. Glad these situations get seriously investigated from every angle.

One thing bites at me, when a vehicle gets seized I they usually get sold at auction. I have heard that proceeds first go to the lien holder. If true, why? The bank should have to go after the person they loaned to money to and state should be able to keep the whole sale amount. That way banks might take a closer look at their customers before handing them money.

Steve, sorry a little off topic. I feel your pain and frustration. If it is private land where you think it was shot why don't you talk to the landowner? He might be as interested in follow up as you are. Or might know if a youth is hunting there.

15-Nov-14
Steve, PM sent.

15-Nov-14
Tag elder, it could get worse since that pos Obama wants thousands of these fine folks here.

15-Nov-14
Have you asked the immediate neighbors if anyone has been bow hunting recently?

15-Nov-14
November is spot on, the first thing would be to talk with the neighbors.

16-Nov-14
Basically a subdivision of sorts here. Curiosity got the best of me. Took me all of 15 mins to find shot site just where I thought it would be. Can't really say much more about it as someone could call me a racist for it. I will say though the dummies shot it on the wrong side of the house. Other side, and it would not have come my way. Have had an on going issue with that household for some time on another matter. I can say no kids were involved. Only kids near me are not of hunting age yet.

17-Nov-14
Steve, did curiosity get you enough to track the other direction to see if she died nearby?

18-Nov-14
Yes, but no. I was able to follow her maybe 300 yds before going where I could not anymore. Right into the main town subdivision.

• Sitka Gear