10orbetter 20-Nov-14
Crusader dad 20-Nov-14
live2hunt 20-Nov-14
Bucks_n_Gobblers 24-Nov-14
Novemberforever 24-Nov-14
15-Nov-14

Naz 's embedded Photo
Naz 's embedded Photo
Another hour drive with dad just after sunrise this morning, and the deer and turkeys were far more active than yesterday. Our first buck was this nice 8 walking the edge of a farm field and cedar swamp. Long way off and low light, so not much to look at. Dad said he had 10 degrees at dawn, truck said 17 between 7-8 a.m.

15-Nov-14

Naz 's embedded Photo
Naz 's embedded Photo
Second and third bucks seen were a six and a fork, with a hot doe between 'em. Watched the bird-dogging briefly but then they disappeared into thick cover behind them.

15-Nov-14

Naz 's embedded Photo
Naz 's embedded Photo
Fourth buck seen was a dandy 10, a long way off opposite a marsh. Disappeared over a hill heading toward a pine plantation/mixed upland area adjacent to a huge, unpicked corn field. Saw one other buck walking with head down along a grassy fence line between a large woodlot and a corn field. By the time I pulled over and switched from binocs to camera, didn't get a good photo as he leaped into a corn field. Appeared to be another large-bodied 3.5 or so, 8-10 points.

15-Nov-14
Where are you taking all of these pics?

16-Nov-14
Door and Kewaunee counties, but take a long lens, some back roads in farm country anywhere in the state during rut and you could do the same (even better if you have top-notch equipment, which I don't have).

16-Nov-14
Racine county, a buddy of mine missed the same doe twice at 15 yds tonight. She was by herself, no buck or fawns with her. She was the only deer he saw. I will be going again to my ground blind tues and wed.

16-Nov-14
Dead quiet (except for trees popping in the swamp from the wind) by me tonight — no deer, no squirrels, nothing. Get out and there was a doe and two fawns on one field and seven baldies on another an 80 away. Bucks must have been looking somewhere else tonight.

16-Nov-14

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Been chasing this guy after putting a trail camera over an active scrape.

Have seen him twice - no shot opportunities.

16-Nov-14

16-Nov-14

Dampland's embedded Photo
Dampland's embedded Photo
I decided not to hunt Last Thursday as originally planned, and instead went up on Friday.

Of course, look who goes by my stand on Thursday evening!

17-Nov-14
Dampland, looks like that bucks has a good food source to go to!

17-Nov-14
I checked a cam Sunday and the scrapes had been hit recently. I don't know how long but the scrapes were hit since I was there. I forgot to turn on the camera when I left five days ago.

About 6" of snow on the ground.

17-Nov-14
TrapperJack,

The farmer I lease the field to, is planning on picking the corn this Thursday. But will hopefully leave about 10 rows standing in the middle of the field.

17-Nov-14
Nice buck Turkey and Damp.

Damp, looks like your camera time is off an hour (daylight savings?)

18-Nov-14
Naz, you are correct. I often forget to update the clock on my cameras after daylight savings.

20-Nov-14
Sitting in the dark waiting for it to get light watching my 40 for any activity. Glossing the cut corn field.

20-Nov-14

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Crusader dad's embedded Photo
I know this is a WI rut update and WI bow forum but I just got this pick from a good buddy who happened to draw a Kansas tag. He said the rut is going strong down there. Public land, this was the fifth buck of the morning for him.

20-Nov-14
Looks like it has a big dip in his lower lip.

24-Nov-14
Had a buck chasing a doe at mach 10 last Thursday (11/20) They ran through twice. couldn't tell what it was as I was just about to get out of my stand and it was about 50 yards away in the thickets.

Ggot quiet this weekend when everyone hit the woods.

24-Nov-14
3rd day of gun had 2 separate hot does being chased. So far today, 5 bucks no chasing

• Sitka Gear