gobbler 16-Nov-14
Big-Otis-Jeff 16-Nov-14
Clare@work 16-Nov-14
WV Mountaineer 16-Nov-14
Babysaph 16-Nov-14
Jim Casto Jr 17-Nov-14
babysaph 17-Nov-14
15-Nov-14
So I shot a deer tonight in the guts. Need to wait til tomorrow to look for it. I am in a no Sunday hunting county. What does the law say about this? I can't find a thing in the regs.

15-Nov-14
1st thought, don't take your bow, and go for a walk.

2nd thought, call the local C.O. and tell him you need to go track a wounded deer.

15-Nov-14
Bro, not sure of the law. Just real certain I'd go find my deer a couple hours after sunrise regardless. God Bless

15-Nov-14
Good advice guys. I wasn't going until tomorrow. Will not take my bow.,I know the local CO so I will call him.?

16-Nov-14
Good Luck JR!!!

16-Nov-14
Take your bow in case it is still alive!!!!!!!

16-Nov-14
I may be wrong but I think it's illegal to have your bow in the woods with you on a day when you can't hunt even if you are trailing a deer.

16-Nov-14
Did you find the deer?

16-Nov-14
Clare, good to see you back on here. I thought you floated off somewhere on the love boat .

16-Nov-14
I would take my bow just in case and be quiet about it..

The deer deserve to be put down if its still alive......Its not like your out hunting, your tracking

16-Nov-14
No Smokey, been fishing all summer and fall, stuck in the shop last couple days with nothing to do but get on here and catch up on all the great critters that have been taken this fall.

16-Nov-14
gobbler, I know the law. But, just like Big-Otis said, I know what's right. I would take it not to be purposefully defiant. But, I would take it trying to do the right thing and ensure the deer suffered not one second more than need be. I don't need or feel obligated to follow a law that doesn't account for that. Just sayin... God Bless

16-Nov-14
Found the deer but the coyotes beat me to it. Wow. They ate the whole thing left me bones and hide.

17-Nov-14
That's too bad and unfortunately, not uncommon these days-darn coyotes.

Curious... did you call the local C.O. and ask about taking your bow with you? What was his response?

17-Nov-14
No. I tried but couldn't reach him. I went without it. Got up at daylight and went to look. She wasn't far from where I left her. That is the first one I ever lost to coyotes. I have never seen one in my life in the wild and I spend a huge amount of time in the mountain. Slick critters.

• Sitka Gear