SmoothieJonez 17-Nov-14
Passinthru63 18-Nov-14
Gregg Karal 18-Nov-14
Toonces 18-Nov-14
chriscsg 18-Nov-14
Gene 18-Nov-14
bigbuckbob 18-Nov-14
15-Nov-14
Thank you all. Today my first deer ever 6 point on States. Spoked this guy scouting a few weeks ago. Came in low last week. Today clean kill ran 40 - 50 yards. But what a bitch to drag him out. After I returned to my jeep to drop off my supplies. I left a note on another fellow jeepers jeep, looking for help dragging. Dam buck was weighed more then I did. Yet I was able to get him home on my own. Before he/she returned to there jeep. I know I should of hung him for a day but the coyotes would of gotten him in my yard. Any way great site lots of help. Pics coming soon.

16-Nov-14
Congratulations man, started four years ago and I also got a deer my first year and the joy, the triumph, the elation, the feeling of accomplishment are something only a fellow hunter whose harvested their very first deer can describe with any degree of accuracy. Like you, it took forever to drag that damn deer out, that's the hardest part of hunting and the one part the guy who got me into hunting neglected to tell me, took me almost four hours with my first one. Once again, congratulations man and a job well done!!

16-Nov-14
Congrats.

16-Nov-14
Congrats on the first . As for the yotes getting it in your yard I have that problem here and I learned I you can get the deer up about 6 foot up of the ground they don't bother it. I use a logging rope and the truck and pull it up into tree .

16-Nov-14
Congratulations!

16-Nov-14
Congrats.

16-Nov-14
Congrats

16-Nov-14
congrats

16-Nov-14
Congrats.

16-Nov-14
Congrats

16-Nov-14
the first is the best..congrats!

16-Nov-14
Congratulations, now you know why everyone says after shooting a deer ( Now the work begins ) it's a chore that I found a game cart helps greatly and a hitch hauler on the back of my truck so I can just slide the cart on strap it down and head home makes life after the kill a little easier. Good luck and many more days of now the work begins for you.

16-Nov-14
Well done! Now you have a memory that will last a lifetime!

16-Nov-14
Congrates, i have yet to harvest my first deer but i have hauled a few of them out. It's always a long way to the truck.. Happy day.

16-Nov-14
Congrats

16-Nov-14
Congrats!

16-Nov-14
Nice going _JEEP_ good story. Please post some pics. As far as dragging. Dragging deer out can be difficult at times. Especially when your a mile into woods. Much easier if you gut right where they fall. It lightens the load. I dragged a nine pointer out by myself. The coyote problem. I also have numerous coyote that frequent my backyard. I have trail cam set up in backyard to prove it. A coyote will never attack a deer from its head first. Hang deer head down by back legs. I do this and never had a coyote issue ever.

16-Nov-14
Nice going _JEEP_ good story. Please post some pics. As far as dragging. Dragging deer out can be difficult at times. Especially when your a mile into woods. Much easier if you gut right where they fall. It lightens the load. I dragged a nine pointer out by myself. The coyote problem. I also have numerous coyote that frequent my backyard. I have trail cam set up in backyard to prove it. A coyote will never attack a deer from its head first. Hang deer head down by back legs. I do this and never had a coyote issue ever.

17-Nov-14
If I had to drag more than a half mile, I'd quarter it up right where it is and pack out the meat. Assuming the sole deer didn't need to be checked in. Having done that out west a bunch of times, it's easer and quicker than you would think.

17-Nov-14
Congrats !! Get a cart

17-Nov-14

_JEEP_'s embedded Photo
_JEEP_'s embedded Photo
Thanks again everyone. This a great site with lots off advice. Good to know that a coyote won't attack from the head first. So the next one I might get up in a tree as high as I can.

17-Nov-14
That's a big one! Well done. That hoist Pat reviewed looks awesome and low priced, for how well designed and built that it is. You will need one after you get a cart. The money you save on processing will help you sell the idea to wifey.

17-Nov-14
nice Job great deer congrats

17-Nov-14
Nice!! Congrats!

17-Nov-14
Congrats... had the same issue last Friday.. Fortunately I was about 60 yrds from a state Highway. Dropped my gear by a sapling, attached my flashlight to the sapling so I can find my gear in the dark and dragged the deer to the Highway (left him in the thick stuff with my tag on his antlers) Wrapped some surveyors tape on the guard rail, followed the light back to my gear, walked back to the van, got on the highway and picked up the deer. No way I was going to drag him out all of the way to the car.. Looking to invest in a deer sled now.

17-Nov-14
Nice going - congrats!

18-Nov-14
Congrats on your first deer and nice buck!!! Invest in one of those dead sled deer drags.

18-Nov-14
awesome job JEEP !!! welcome to the Brotherhood!!

18-Nov-14
Congrats!

18-Nov-14
Well done! Huge congratulations on your first deer...and what a beauty he his. You should be very proud of yourself.

Chris

18-Nov-14
Congrats! No matter how many you may take in your hunting career, you will always remember your first one!

18-Nov-14
Jeep

great first deer, much better than my first and love the smile. Well done!!

• Sitka Gear