Mathews Inc.
Strictly Sticks 3D next Sunday, Nov. 23!
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
HARRY CARRY 16-Nov-14
HARRY CARRY 16-Nov-14
Red Beastmaster 16-Nov-14
HARRY CARRY 16-Nov-14
DaleHajas 16-Nov-14
hawkeye in PA 17-Nov-14
DaleHajas 17-Nov-14
HARRY CARRY 17-Nov-14
DaleHajas 17-Nov-14
Shortdraw 19-Nov-14
RC 19-Nov-14
Shortdraw 19-Nov-14
DaleHajas 19-Nov-14
RC 19-Nov-14
hawkeye in PA 23-Nov-14
HARRY CARRY 23-Nov-14
Red Beastmaster 23-Nov-14
16-Nov-14

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
Just a reminder: the first 3D shoot for the "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" Winter 2014-2015 Season will be next Sunday, November 23, at the East Huntingdon Sportsmens Association clubhouse in Alverton, PA, between Scottdale and Mount Pleasant.

We'd like to welcome back all of our loyal friends and attendees, AND invite any Traditional Archer who may have heard about "Sticks" but has never attended one of our 3D shoots. Just bring your longbow, recurve or selfbow, a handful of arrows, and your willingness to relax, laugh, and carry on as is normally found at "Sticks"....

As usual, nothing can be promised about the weather. But after reading the stories from the PA Bowsite threads, and seeing all the Facebook "selfies" of folks all layered up and sitting in tree stands, a little walk over the hillsides of the clubhouse course with friends and bows could be just what you need, even if it's no longer 60 degrees outside!

As the pictured flier notes, we'll start things up at 8 AM, and go til 1 PM. And if you feel like shooting the course more than once, that's always been OK with us.

Tell your friends about this first shoot, if they are not on the computer. And invite any new Archers that you may know. It's not "high stakes" or "cut-throat competition": it's just "Strictly Sticks"!

Questions? Comments? Ask here, or on our FaceBook page "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers", or email us at [email protected]

Thanks for your consideration! Hope to see you next Sunday!

16-Nov-14

And here's how to get to "Sticks":

16-Nov-14
Five minutes ago I told my wife I'm always somewhat relieved when bowseason is over and the "Sticks" season begins.

See you Sunday Randy!

16-Nov-14
Excellent, Dave! Hope to see a good representation of Yinz Mountain Men!

16-Nov-14
I'm feeling primal.....

17-Nov-14
Please no loin cloth Dale.

17-Nov-14
You mean COMMANDO??? Boy I gotta think this thru...... What are the temps gonna be like??

17-Nov-14
The temps will be above Zero and below 100. A Typical November Sunday. However, if you do Command This Sunday, I guess it would truly be Non-Typical....

17-Nov-14
Well I have a hill style quiver I could put to good use.......

19-Nov-14
Careful there Hawkeye! The loin cloth may be better than the other option.... just say'n.

19-Nov-14
You'll be dragging ole moe through the snow.. :)

19-Nov-14
Hey RC... we ain't in Buffalo, NY. No worries for Metikki here. :0

19-Nov-14
Well..... My handle isn't shortdraw. Jus sayin.....

19-Nov-14
LMAO.. :)

23-Nov-14
Thanks SS crew for the terrific shoot and being blessed with a really nice day made it superb.

23-Nov-14
THANK YOU to all of you attending Strictly Sticks first 3D Traditional shoot of the 2014-2015 season!

Yes, like "hawkeye in PA" said, we were blessed with superb weather. Yesterday, setting up the course in all that cold drizzle and rain...well, it dampened our spirits a bit. But, at 8 AM this morning, there was no rain, the sun was out, and the parking lot was filling quickly with Archers.

To quote a really funky 1970s disco song, "That's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, we like it, uh-huh, uh-huh!!"

42 Archers took to the hills with bows and arrows. 42 Archers returned. (!!) Maybe not with all their arrows, but a sacrifice to the arrow gods is often just the talisman needed for future good shooting.

We had archers from literally down the street from the club, to one archer driving from Cleveland, leaving his home around 5 AM. And he stayed until the event was over. That is dedication to Traditional Archery!

THANK YOU to everyone who made Sticks a part of their pre-Thanksgiving schedules. We hope you enjoyed yourselves, we hope you return, and we hope to continue presenting an activity that warrants your efforts to join us!

Happy Thanksgiving, and see you in December!

Signed: The Crew of Strictly Sticks

23-Nov-14
It was a very good day indeed!

• Sitka Gear