Zack 16-Nov-14
notme 16-Nov-14
rbcss 16-Nov-14
rbcss 16-Nov-14
SixLomaz 16-Nov-14
rbcss 16-Nov-14
Dr. Deer 17-Nov-14
16-Nov-14
anybody here using the ghost blind. I been looking in to them. I've found an area that has lots of rubs and scrapes. I see where there coming in but no decent trees in the area. I set up a home made blind but not very happy with it. the ghost will reflect everything natural where you are. just don't know if they are worth the money. I read some articles on other sights. there are people that like them. just don't know what type of terrain they hunt.

16-Nov-14
cool idea... if they are tipped slightly outwards they will reflect leaves and brush directly around you so I don't think it matters what type of terrain you are in. You are still on the ground and all movement will still need to be minimized. .

16-Nov-14
i though about buying one years ago when jimmy huston was pushing them hard,,im not sure of the deers reaction when it sees its reflection..too many sharp edges too,nothing in nature is shaped like that

16-Nov-14
the area I was thing about is on a hill side of a section of pines. the pines are all track up. on the edge of the pine there is maples with a dried up swamp. that's all tracked up also. the hill side has a lot of high grass and saplings. I think if it's set up right and pointed on a downward angle the deer wouldn't see it's reflection.

16-Nov-14
there is also another place I hunt where I think it would work well. there's a big 3 section corn field they just cut down. but before they cut it down there is a funnel area they cross to get into another field. I know they would hang in one area more than another but you do see them crossing and their are no trees in one of the corners. with the corn cut, depending on time of day they may stay closer to the edge.

16-Nov-14
If you have the money $$$ it is a cool gadget to have. Get the extensions for more cover and the bag for easy transport and storage. Like someone else said it is rather difficult to hunt with a bow from behind the panels as it requires significant movement to draw and shoot as it is too high to shoot sitting and too short to cover when standing. I had deer peg me behind the ghost blind with extensions from 60 yards elevated position on head movement alone. You cannot take a shot thru the openings in each panel as they are narrow. You have to set the panels inclined away from you in order to reflect the ground only from 3-5 yards on, otherwise you will spook the deer. Make sure you anchor the panels on both sides to prevent movement due to wind. Good solution for the right spot.

16-Nov-14
I would use my cross bow. I shoot an Excalibur IBEX. so far reading up on other sights most everybody has positive results. but that's in all other states. trying to get more opinions from around here or north eastern states.

17-Nov-14
Other than being able to hunt in the wide open, how is it better than some brush in front of you? All it does is block the view of you from chest down from the front and sides (a little). And did you know that they are heavy?

• Sitka Gear