Ryan707 18-Nov-14
Ryan707 18-Nov-14
CTCrow 18-Nov-14
17-Nov-14
Anyone have some good venison recipes?

17-Nov-14

NEV's MOBILE embedded Photo
NEV's MOBILE embedded Photo

I use an awsome marinade. Ill try to attach pic of recipe.

17-Nov-14
I make a fantastic venison stew. Have brought it to several gatherings and its always gone....then I tell people they just ate deer. There is zero gamey flavor.

I also make a great chili.

17-Nov-14
i just had for my second breakfast ( or elevensies if your a hobbit) a left over roast with a red wine,challot and juniper berry sauce...f@*kin slammin

17-Nov-14
Get any meat recepi you like and just substitute venison for the meat.

17-Nov-14
Google 'wild game recipes' and you'll have plenty to look at!

17-Nov-14
Venison Marsala, not hard to make and awesome tasting. Follow the recipe on the bottle of the Marsala wine bottle. I use Holland House. I use backstraps or rear steak that I butterfly. I pound until uniform thickness. The key is not over cooking initially because you finish it off in the Marsala and mushrooms. If you don't like mushrooms, sub in onions or use both. You will not be dissapointed.

17-Nov-14
Right on Crow just got done making venison stuffed green peppers with garlic bread.

18-Nov-14

STM's embedded Photo
STM's embedded Photo
This is what I call my NY buck going south of the border. I make it the same way you do classic Fajitas but add the flour coated venison at the last minute to keep it medium rare. My wife and son love it as much as I do. STM.

18-Nov-14
Jerky:

3/4 cup soy sauce 3/4 cup wine - any 1/4 cup Worcestershire 1 tsp cayenne 1 TBSP brown sugar 1 tsp liquid smoke 1 tsp black pepper 1 tsp white pepper 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp onion powder

I will be experimenting by augmenting this marinade with something with acide- ie- vinegar - which is supoosed to tenderize

I am also looking for tips on the dehydrating process. I tend to ver dry the jerky -

any help is appreciated

18-Nov-14
Try tenderizing with pineapple juice. Use VERY LITTLE as youre meat will fall appart if you use too much.

18-Nov-14
Jerky. When I make jerky I don't use any heat to dry the meat. After soaking in the marinade, I lay out the strips of meat on a non fiberglass air filter and place a second filter on top. The kind you use in a hot air furnace. Then with some bungy cords I strap the filter/meat samwitch to a box fan and set the fan on low for three days. It helps if the filters are the same size as the box fan . - Duncan

18-Nov-14

Ryan707's embedded Photo
Ryan707's embedded Photo
Bacon wrapped venison meatloaf with a mushroom gravey is one of my favorite dishes to make.

18-Nov-14

Ryan707's embedded Photo
Ryan707's embedded Photo
Of course you can't go wrong with venison chops on the bone cooked over an applewood fire!!!

18-Nov-14
those chops look good

• Sitka Gear