Jeff in MN 19-Nov-14
live2hunt 19-Nov-14
Naz 20-Nov-14
brewcrewmike 20-Nov-14
10orbetter 21-Nov-14
Naz 21-Nov-14
RJN 21-Nov-14
18-Nov-14
Extended forecast calling for a switch to strong south/southwest winds by Saturday, warming things up into the mid-30s here (Kewaunee/Door Peninsula) and low 40s possible Sunday, with high humidity/fog opening morning of the gun hunt, then a chance for rain in the afternoon and Sunday.

Wasn't too many years back we had heavy fog here opening morning, and it significantly reduced the kill. Also a lot of standing corn. Deer are certainly eating well where it stands, but it's also offering a lot of hideouts. Hoping more is taken off in a couple of my hunt areas in the next few days now that the fields are hardening up enough for heavy equipment.

What's the forecast in your neck of the woods?

18-Nov-14
Thanks for the update Naz. I appreciate it as I will be in Door County. I'm going the rain holds off. If I remember right the fog was in 2009. It was awful I couldn't see 20 yards in front of me haha.

18-Nov-14
23 days of gun season ending with the 4 day antlerless hunt. Ml could be a real good as the corn has to go down by then.

18-Nov-14
I'm going to bow hunt Friday afternoon, it supposed to be really cold up in Lake Tomahawk Friday. High 20/Low 13, Saturday H35/L31, Sunday H36/L32 Showers.

I'm hoping those showers aren't during the day Sunday - that would be pretty chilly sitting in the woods at 36 w/rain.

18-Nov-14
I recall the foggy opener. What a crazy morning that was. We could hear leaves crunching and branches breaking but couldn't see a thing. once it lifted there were plenty of deer standing in the open. Def a odd and memorable opener!

18-Nov-14
Best of luck to all the gun hunters. I hope the weather is great and the sightings are great. The gun season is special and quite the tradition in this state. Hope to see lots of B&C pics!

18-Nov-14
As a bow hunter I'm hoping for torrential rainfall all weekend. Unfortunately the weather looks perfect for our area, around 35-40 with a very slight chance of a wintery mix. No excuses this yr pumpkinheads! Good luck!

18-Nov-14
Lincoln cty forcast - possble heavy snowfall Sunday afternoon and Monday .

18-Nov-14
" Lets hope the weather is total crap for all nine days"

Ah Yes RC, nothing less than a self centered, selfish wish for the 600k plus who come from all 50 states to reunite with family/friends in this states greatest tradition.Business also relies on the boatloads of cash that's spent as well.The DNR hopes for good weather to hit herd health harvest goals.The weather with snowcover looks just fine, corn will hurt the harvest. I'm sure You will be out Saturday looking for another Portage county spiker as well.

18-Nov-14
Howatt, we get it man. This is a bowsite, but like others have stated most of us like hearing about hunting no matter the kind 24/7/365. If you don't like it just ignore the post like I try to ignore your comments. The a Wisconsin Gun Deer Season is more about the experience, tradition, family, friends, drinking, great food, cards, ect. Then it is about shooting a deer with a gun. Now we all hope we get a deer, but if we don't we will remember what's truly important. The best memories I have are about the whole trip, not just the hunting itself.

18-Nov-14
I wish the site admins would allow you to turn on/off certain people from contributing to your threads.

As you have said many times Howatt, if you want to make your own threads about gun hunting, crossbow, etc. go do it. These people do that and you come crap all over their threads. Go back to your threads that no one contributes to ...

18-Nov-14
Just ignore the posts you don't agree with. It's really that simple. No need for anything else.

18-Nov-14
"I'm sure You will be out Saturday looking for another Portage county spiker as well."

While sitting in a heated condo too - over that ever famous corn pile. Last year he even posted pics of the deer his family shot during gun season. His goal is simply to piss in everyone else's Cheerios on threads he did not start.

As for bowsite, there are plenty of gun related threads in the Big Game Forum. Pat already said they are allowed. Nobody is ever going to delete a thread from the WI board on the most important tradition in WI hunting.

Once again, best of luck to all the WI gun hunters. All the bow hunters will still get another 30 days of hunting.

18-Nov-14

Zinger's embedded Photo
Zinger's embedded Photo
brewcrewmike, the administrators did let us ignore him by banning him multiple times but like herpies he keeps coming back. Just hit the "alert" button every time he says something offensive, which is most of the time. Maybe eventually they will ban him again.

The forecast in my neck of the woods is the same as Naz's is which doesn't look that good. Thankfully I shot a buck and a doe already with the bow so it's not like I need anymore meat so if the weather sucks I'm not going that day. Plus I have a hunt in OK right after our gun season so it's not a big deal if I don't go out but I would like to try out my new toy on a deer this year.

18-Nov-14
Guys, this site has been awesome for the past 3-4 weeks. It has been the highlight of my day when I'm stuck on the computer. Please, Please just stop! Let it go! Please, I'm asking, I'm begging, don't screw this site up again. BC

19-Nov-14
Hayward area, little chance of precp and temps in the mid/low 30's all day for the weekend. Going to seem like summer again. Winds in the tolerable range, south not the greatest for my stands but hey if it brings the warmer temps I am fine with that.

I really like the national weather service hourly breakdowns, usually quite accurate even for wind direction and velocity.

19-Nov-14
Jeff, stay out of my spot this year.

19-Nov-14
Forecast not getting better here … hope it changes in the coming days, but right now they're calling for 20-25 mph sw winds with higher gusts opening morning, chance of fog, then 20 mph wind-drived rain Sunday.

19-Nov-14
Strange, Waupaca county is still holding at s/sw winds 6-9 all weekend with a little rain sunday.The standing corn will trump any weather by far. No ag field running shots will be nice. Deer will get another 10 days of carbs.

19-Nov-14
Sounds like it will be a pop-up blind for me this weekend. I'll save the tree stands for later in the week.

19-Nov-14
Howatt, how is your dad going to stay warm if it's windy and rainy? If it's foggy you better place "his" bait pile pretty close so "he" can see it.

19-Nov-14
I'm truly sorry to hear about your dad, I did not know of his death.

19-Nov-14
And it wasn't mocking him, it was mocking you for putting the blame on him two years ago.

19-Nov-14
You've made an attempt to prove you're not him, pictures are easy to find and Lord only knows where you pulled up the license from, but you were caught putting the same links on the same your FB page at the same time you put them on here. Were not stupid and can see through your sharades.

19-Nov-14
Dang, I'm sorry to hear of his death too Ronny. Just last year you posted that pic of him with his xbow killed buck. You also posted pics of him with his grandkids with deer they killed during gun season. Usually you tell us when anyone in your family gets an owwy and here your dad passed and you never mentioned it. I hope you dedicate this gun season to his memory. I'm sure this first one without him will be tough. Condolences again.

19-Nov-14
Sure hope the choo-choo karma train doesn't hit ya again Ronny. Posting on the net that your living father is deceased as you continue to try to hide in la-la land is as low as anything I have ever seen anywhere on the net. It is not beside you and it is terribly sad...

This is about the time you bring in your other bowsite handles to talk amongst themselves.

It was nice and peaceful here while you spent 2 weeks away.

19-Nov-14
I thought the subject was about weather??

19-Nov-14
"This is why you were banned under the name preacher. You went bat crap crazy with only off topic posts and poof, you were gone. Seems you are slipping back into your old ways. LOL "

This is why you were banned under RancidCrabtree, RancdCrabtree, rickflare, et al, and are trying to hide under yet another fake name. However, you were busted posting the EXACT same stuff here that you posted on Facebook and your personal blog. You have proven to NOT be as wise as you think you are. Choo choo goes the karma train Ronny. Zinger nailed you good again here Ronny. I might be guilty of piling on but after your bashing of all the gun hunters, you have it coming. Your 2 week vacation sure made everyone here happy. Loads of great threads without one insult. You returned and bam, you launch insults all over the place. That's why you've been banned here many times and on every hunting blog on the planet.

19-Nov-14
November, not sure how our wind and yours could be so far off but I hope your forecast is right.

Here's the latest for the lakeshore counties:

...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...

.REST OF TODAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS TO 30 KT BECOMING WEST GALES TO 35 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SNOW SHOWERS. WAVES 5 TO 8 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 10 FT BUILDING TO 6 TO 9 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 11 FT THIS AFTERNOON.

.TONIGHT...WEST GALES TO 35 KT. SNOW SHOWERS. FREEZING SPRAY LIKELY OVERNIGHT. WAVES 8 TO 11 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 14 FT. .THURSDAY...WEST GALES TO 35 KT DIMINISHING TO 30 KT MID MORNING. FREEZING SPRAY LIKELY IN THE MORNING. SNOW SHOWERS. WAVES 7 TO 10 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 13 FT SUBSIDING TO 5 TO 8 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 10 FT LATE IN THE AFTERNOON.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...NORTHWEST WINDS TO 30 KT DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 20 KT LATE. CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. WAVES 4 TO 7 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 9 FT SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 7 FT OVERNIGHT. .FRIDAY...WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KT BECOMING SOUTHWEST. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FT SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FT IN THE AFTERNOON.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 20 KT INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT FREEZING RAIN AND SNOW OR LIGHT SLEET. WAVES 2 TO 4 FT BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 7 FT OVERNIGHT.

.SATURDAY...SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. CHANCE OF RAIN...LIGHT FREEZING RAIN...SNOW AND LIGHT SLEET. WAVES 4 TO 6 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 8 FT.

.SUNDAY...SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. RAIN. WAVES 3 TO 5 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 7 FT.

19-Nov-14
L2H, I have had a drone continuously flying over your stand for three days now. It is equipped with an IR camera for night recon and high def for daytime recon. Neither camera has shown any sign of deer of any kind. It has taken pictures of 5 different people dumping buckets of corn in the general area. Not a single track going to those corn piles either.

You might want to consider hunting closer to me.

19-Nov-14
Naz, using accuweather for Marion, Always has been great.

19-Nov-14
It works for me that the wind is going to be from the south. I was worried when it was saying SW, as that is the worst direction for any of my good stands. Now let's just hope it's not as windy as today.

19-Nov-14
My accuweather for Marion (Waupaca Co.) on Sat. morning. High of 35, wind SSW 9mph gusting to 14mph. Rain and drizzle moving in late afternoon and evening, low of 31. Sunday a bit warmer, more rain, winds about the same.

19-Nov-14
Delusional!

19-Nov-14
Jeff, you were just showing pictures on the other thread of my stand, you can't fool me. And, just say no to corn.

19-Nov-14
I am used to being outsmarted by deer but I guess you got me too.

19-Nov-14
lol, I doubt it. good luck with that buck.

20-Nov-14
My lakeshore forecast is changing slightly, but still looks like a very windy opener with overnight southwest gales gradually diminishing Saturday to 15-25 mph. Chance of freezing rain/light snow in a.m., chance of rain/drizzle in afternoon with overnight fog. Sunday switch to south/southeast 10-20 mph wind and rain likely. Monday southwest gales, chance of snow or rain.

Find it hard to believe that our winds would be that much stronger than a couple counties inland, but maybe the wide-open lake and its warmer-than-air water has something to do with it, too. Or, it could be a blown forecast.

20-Nov-14
I'm just happy it won't be as cold as it was gun opener last year. I think it was in the single digits up north opening morning with the wind chills below zero. I made it until 11:30 and then I was just so chilled to the bone I actually went back to the house to warm up for a few hours.

Should be able to sit pretty much all day with the temps like they are minus a brief time to get out for some lunch.

Good luck everyone!

21-Nov-14
Just checked the latest update on weather in the SE. Calling for freezing rain for the opener on Saturday. Travel is going to be difficult for many. One thing for certain, if it is freezing rain on Saturday and they are moving, it will sound like a bag of potato chips.

21-Nov-14

Naz 's embedded Photo
Naz 's embedded Photo
Not a lot worse than high winds for killing good deer movement in fragmented farm country, except maybe rain and wind. Oops, Sunday has that covered. Well, it is what it is - here's hoping someone bumps a big one your way!

21-Nov-14
Sat. Morning is unfortunately looking perfect for gun hunters in western Wi. Warm temps in morning and rising into the 40s. Sunday is looking wet with rain likely changing to snow hopefully will keep hunters indoors.:)

• Sitka Gear