Contributors to this thread:
Clabman 18-Nov-14
dockeating 18-Nov-14
nehunter 18-Nov-14
Treerat 18-Nov-14
dockeating 19-Nov-14
Garbanzo 19-Nov-14
18-Nov-14
So I set up tonight and put 2 tinks scent bombs out I bought from Cablelas. Now it's been a couple years since I've used the tinks, but I don't remember it freezing in this weather. I had a hell of a time getting the wick back down into the plastic bottle. Also if I remember correctly if you got any of this on your hands you would know it. Are they watering this down?

18-Nov-14
I absolutely think they water it down! I was saying the same thing to my brother this past saturday.

When we started hunting at 14 and 15 years old, we accidentally spilled an old bottle on my boots. They STUNK for an entire year and even longer! It was like a thick, almost oily substance, if I remember correctly.

18-Nov-14
Walmart, Dicks , Cabela's and Bass Pro all sell Tinks. You really think its all Deer urine? Its got to be all synthetic chemicals mixed with H2O.

There are not that many deer farms to capture that much liquid.

18-Nov-14
Don't use deer scents/urines/estrus any more. I have seen these attractant's do more harm then good over the years. I've actually seen deer come up on them and turn right around and go the other way. Why? because these urines are cow piss! An old timer told me this a while ago.

19-Nov-14
Its why I cut out the hormone patches and the urine sac in my deer and I bag them up. Just Saturday I had a mature 4pt (bad genes) walk right up to my cotton rag soaked in the urine and he took a nice sniff before throwing his head back and grunting. Coolest thing I've seen this season!

19-Nov-14
I used the tinks gel...two days after I put it out 2 bucks walked through it and did not even stop. You would have thought that they would have sensed something. My best friend uses the James Valley scents.. I think I am going to switch to that. here is the link http://www.jamesvalleycompany.com/

• Sitka Gear