JayD 19-Nov-14
WVBOWHUNTER 19-Nov-14
babysaph 19-Nov-14
wvbownut 19-Nov-14
fnshtr 19-Nov-14
CGBowhunter 20-Nov-14
Babysaph 20-Nov-14
19-Nov-14
Well once again I am going to bowhunt next week. Anyone else dumb enough to do that? I am fortunate to not have any other hunters on my hunting land that week. (they hunt there when I am gone). LOL. I am looking for a 140 class deer. Good luck to all.

19-Nov-14
Im bow hunting all year. Im done with a rifle. Muzzle loader I enjoy but there is nothing more that excites me than my Mathews. I am actually hunting one as well in Jefferson Co. in Kearneysville. I have 3 huge cedars bigger than my thigh he has hit and some cedars little bit bigger than my forearm. I do not know what he will score as I think I have him patterned now. I have moved a treestand and moved cameras as I do not have pics of him yet. I did lay eyes on a 120"-125" 8 point across the road where they have cut corn and the adjoining property still has standing corn. Then after talking to the farmer he said when they were cutting beans last week at dark a real big one ran out in front of the combine. So I actually think im after 2 bucks with both being P&Y. I have not harvested anything at all this year as I made a bad shot on a doe. I was shooting her at 30 and she was at 28 and I hit low because I dropped my arm. I knew exactly what I did wrong. Just glad it wasn't the big one. I also believe I have his bedding area figured out as well and moving a treestand closer as well to find his entry and exit point. I am just waiting for him to make a mistake and hopefully I will get a trail cam picture of him. Who says Jefferson county can
19-Nov-14
Cant grow big ones. there not every where but they could be. The average age of most deer harvested in WV is about 1.5 year olds. So if people want to see bigger ones in Jefferson Co. or any other part of the state you can't shoot a 1.5 year old buck. I pass them all the time had 3 with in 8 yards I could have killed last week but I will shoot a doe to fill my freezer. Then again that's just me and my personal opinion and I really don't wanna get started with one and done because I know what will happen LOL. That s just how I enjoy my time in the woods and I do not have to shoot a young buck to say I shot an 8 pointer or a 10 pointer. I just like and enjoy hunting good solid mature bucks. Its so fun trying to outsmart them.

19-Nov-14
I will be.. bow season is concurrent

19-Nov-14
I will be hunting with the bow except for when I take my daughter hunting and then it will just be her carrying the gun. I will try to get her out several times next week and be the spectator! LOL I have not taken any of my guns for a walk for awhile - except for my 22 to go squirrel hunting. In my family we are pretty competitive so if we each had a gun it could get deadly for one of us if a huge buck were to walk by!

AWE WVBOWHUNTER - who would start a debate with ya about one and done???? ;-)

2 and your thru for this hunter! rofl

19-Nov-14
I am with you JayD 2 and bucks and that's it. Would be happy to see if that would ever happen LOL.

19-Nov-14
Three for me that is my motto

19-Nov-14
Same motto here JR. Bow only For me except one day of muzzleloading with friends

19-Nov-14
I'll sit Monday morning with my grand-daughter and carry my plywood Black Widow recurve the rest of the time.

Good luck all and be safe!

20-Nov-14
Bow only for me. I swore that if I ever lost the rush of the hunt I would quit. Years ago, I lost the rush to hunt with a rifle.

20-Nov-14
Me too. I have killed enough deer with a rifle when I was a kid.

• Sitka Gear