grizzlyadam 21-Nov-14
Gregg Karal 21-Nov-14
whaler 21-Nov-14
GIT R DONE 21-Nov-14
nehunter 21-Nov-14
sas67 23-Nov-14
SILVERADO 27-Nov-14
19-Nov-14
I know that Northeast Taxidermy is the best around, but who else does a great job, reasonably?

19-Nov-14
I'm sure you will get some great recommendations. Northeast is elite, it will cost more and take longer but you will end up with a perfected trophy that will last a lifetime.

19-Nov-14
Kevin Conroy. http://kevinstaxidermy.com/home

19-Nov-14
I agree Kevin Conroy is hands down the most talented taxidermist in CT

19-Nov-14

ROBZ7's embedded Photo
ROBZ7's embedded Photo
Kevin does incredible work .

19-Nov-14

ROBZ7's embedded Photo
ROBZ7's embedded Photo
He's done tons of work for me and I'm always beyond pleased

19-Nov-14

ROBZ7's embedded Photo
ROBZ7's embedded Photo

20-Nov-14
I dont know if he's still doing it for the public, or if it's only for family/friends... but pm jadams on here. It's art that he puts out!

20-Nov-14

Birdman's embedded Photo
Birdman's embedded Photo
Nobody beats Kevin. Check out my coyote he did.

20-Nov-14
Wildlife Arts in Berlin is good as well..

20-Nov-14
Wild Arts in Berlin...I'll second that. Had a buck done there last year. It looks better dead than alive. He does "museum quality" taxidermy...which was explained to me will last a lifetime.

Pricing is a little more than Northeast but well worth it. Northeast is a factory...never know who's going to do your mount. I've had deer done there and my friend had his elk done there recently....thats why I switched to Wild Arts, the owner does all the work.

20-Nov-14
What's Kevin getting for a shoulder mount (deer)?

20-Nov-14
Wild Arts. I've been using Dave for many years. Wouldn't worry about saving a few dollars for a piece of art you'll have the rest of your life. You'll usually get what you pay for!

20-Nov-14
Kevin is around 550 for shoulder mount

20-Nov-14
I seond Dave Berger from Wildlife arts, Berlin CT...I would put his mounts up agaisnt Northeast anyday

20-Nov-14
Greg, you'll regret making a decision on a taxidermist based on cost. Pick the one who does work you love. The price difference will not matter a bit when you're looking at a mount that makes you cringe every time you look at it. Those crappy mounts always end up in a garage or dressed up with a hat and sunglasses.

I'll throw out a strong endorsement for Kevin Conroy. Pretty sure he's the only guy around to have won a Nstional All Around title. He's great at fish, birds, big game, he can do it all.

20-Nov-14
Wildlife Arts in Berlin. Dave's work is simply amazing and I am beyond happy with the mount he did for me last year.

20-Nov-14
Both Kevin and Northeast did great work for me.

20-Nov-14
Ken Sichau waterbury...RIP

21-Nov-14
I used to go to Ken, he was a hell of a great guy, and did beautiful work. RIP!

I brought my last one to Kevin, couldn't be happier with his work, and he is a great guy as well. Hope to get another one to bring to him soon.

21-Nov-14
If I'm going to mount, I'm not going to go cheap, I will happily spend the $$ for quality. I was just trying to decide if this deer was worth spending $550 to mount. It is by far my largest with a bow, but just not quite a showpiece. I'm now thinking of just doing a European mount.

21-Nov-14
A Euro mount is great. You can do it yourself too and save a few bucks.

21-Nov-14
I can't tell you how many times I've heard guys say their mounts look like crap because then went to some cheapie then to hear them say im sorry I didn't go somewhere good . Done be like them and be sorry. I go to northeast and couldn't be happier

21-Nov-14
I like Euro's, I love pulling them off the wall and holding and admiring the antlers. It brings back the hunting memory's you made that day.

With a full mount they just stay hung on the wall. I haven't touched my biggest buck to date as its to cumbersome to take off the wall.

23-Nov-14
Went away to Maine last week my buddy harvested a huge ten point ! He use to use another taxidermist another guy and I camp and I both use Kevin's taxidermist not only does he do great work !!!! He is a great guy and loves his work and goes out of his way to make you happy and because of this I will go no where else !!! Check out his web site and his shop !

27-Nov-14
My vote for Kevin, by and far the best around, and one heck of a nice guy. He's done many mounts for me, all came out excellent.

• Sitka Gear