Two Feathers 20-Nov-14
Buck Suicide 20-Nov-14
Naz 20-Nov-14
stagetek 20-Nov-14
KOWZDEER 20-Nov-14
KOWZDEER 20-Nov-14
Dampland 20-Nov-14
20-Nov-14
So I am thinking on trying any/all new venison recipes. I'm fighting a losing battle in my house. My wife refuses to even try venison for the last couple of years due to a rutty buck I shot a few years back. His meat tasted downright awful no matter what I did. If any of you care to share some old family recipes etc. It would be cool.

20-Nov-14
add 2 parts italian dressing, and 1 part Worchester sauce into a zip lock bag with the cleaned venison. Let marinate overnight in the fridge and cook the next day; either on grill, gridle or in oven. Yummy!

20-Nov-14
There is no way she will not like this one:

Cut your venison in long thin strips about 2" wide, 5-8" long

Marinade 24 hours in Sprite

Drain don't rinse. Marinade another 24 hours in 1/2 Italian dressing, 1/2 Dales steak marinade

That night cut small thin chunks of philly cheese and put them in the freezer. You'll need one for each venison strip (3/8"x2")

Day 3 - time to cook

Lay down a strip of bacon. Lay a strip of venison on top. Add a jalapeño pepper if desired. Jelly roll the venison and put it on a kabob stick. Just before cooking, shove a piece of frozen cheese into each roll. Grill till bacon is done. My kids beg for them

20-Nov-14
My wife will not eat venison either but we had tacos on the night I was processing my doe and I cut some very small chunks and cooked them with the taco seasoning and a little water. Turns out she likes deer tacos. I'm hoping that experience has made her willing to try some other recipes. Bull, I'll be trying that recipe out on my family this Sunday. Thx.

20-Nov-14
try the "Grill Mates" garlic and herb seasoning packet at the grocery store. Easy marinade tastes great, my family loves it

20-Nov-14
I'm fortunate everyone here likes venison a lot. Just tried a new recipe for jerky and everyone liked it way better than the marinade from Fleet Farm.

20-Nov-14
Thanks guys. Bullwinkle that sounds awesome! I'm most definitely going to try that. I wouldn't have thought of the sprite though that's interesting stuff.

20-Nov-14

Naz 's Link
If your wife likes beef stew, she should should like venison stew, too. Quick-seared pieces of bright red venison stewed all day (or night) on low heat mixed with your favorite veggies, spices and sauces is one of the finest cold-weather meals, IMO. This recipe is a moving target, changing a bit each time, so feel free to substitute.

In general terms, fresh, properly cared for venison is key, as is not overcooking. If you're simply doing steaks, medium is too much; medium rare better. Find out what favorite marinades or seasoned rubs she likes, and go from there. I've found through the years, with both fish and venison, that a lot of it is "mental" with those who say they don't like either. Once they have properly cared for and prepared fish or venison, most really enjoy it. Make sure they're hungry — that helps the first time, too!

My "Deer Tale Stew" recipe is on page 33 of the current issue of edible DOOR (click on "try our digital edition" - for free viewing).

20-Nov-14
In a bowl mix 4 tspns of Worchester, 1 egg, 1/2 tspn of celery salt and 1/2 tspn of garlic salt. Stir well. In a larger bowl mix, 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and 2 tspns of Italian seasoning. Take a lb. of cut up venison steak and pound each piece about 1/2" thick. Dip the meat into the bowl of Worchester sauce, then dip and cover the meat with the breading. In a fry pan heat 1/4-3/8" of olive oil on a low/med flame. Put in the breaded pieces and cook about 2-3 min. per side. A baked potatoe, salad and good red wine...One fine meal.

20-Nov-14
http://honest-food.net

Hank has one of the best Hunter based wild game cooking websites. Lots of awesome recipes on this site.

20-Nov-14
oh and buck suicide to solve your problem never shoot old bucks always shoot fawns. everyone loves to eat a tasty fawn.

20-Nov-14
NOTHING tastes better than fresh venison steaks from a yearling or doe fawn, cut into small 1x1 inch pieces, lightly broiled. Add some lawrys season salt to taste if desired. But just plain, it is like beef tenderloin, and FANTASTIC!

• Sitka Gear