sas67 21-Nov-14
XForce 21-Nov-14
Ridgehunter 22-Nov-14
BOBHUNT71 22-Nov-14
Gene 23-Nov-14
21-Nov-14

Gregg Karal's embedded Photo
If you all remember, back on Nov 19, 2012, as I walked into to woods, I debated whether or not to go to my usual spot or to the spot that looks really nice. I decided to go to the spot that looks really nice and doubled within a few minutes of each other.

21-Nov-14

This year, same day Nov 19, same spot (that I haven't hunted since the double 2 years ago), I'm thinking...maybe I'll try the spot again....I get settled in at about 5:30 and just as the sun comes up I squeeze a bottle of Estrus onto the ground below me. Stiff wind blowing to my back left. At 6:45 a buck appears up the hill coming from the right moving to the left at about 75 yrds. He jumps the stone wall and moves another 10 yards. The wind shifted slightly and stopped, looked down the hill/wall and came right in. At about 25 yards he moves over an opening in the wall. As he passed behind a tree I come to full draw. He's moving to the right, through the wall and comes right to the spot I dumped the estrus head on, nose to the ground. At this point he's 10 yds and 12 feet below me, quartering towards me. I settle my pin at the base of his neck and aim for the opposite shoulder. I release and the arrow hits its target, the deer drops to the ground turns and runs back up the hill. At about 45 yds he loses footing and stumbles. Gets back up and goes 5 more yds and does a header to the ground, dead.

30 minutes later, a small fork comes in from the left. Stands at the stone wall for a few minutes looking at the buck laying on the ground. He climbs over the wall never taking his eyes off the buck. He's now at about 37 yds, broadside. I decided not to take the shot, but watched him circle the buck 3 times, stomping his feet and then moved off.

I very well could have doubled, on the same day, from the same tree at the same time as I did 2 years earlier. The buck weighted in at 180lbs on the hook.

21-Nov-14

21-Nov-14
Way cool Gregg and love the story. I've had the same experience,....having deer come by the same stand year after year, but never took a double.

21-Nov-14
Congrats

21-Nov-14
Awesome Buck!

21-Nov-14
Great story and great deer! COngrats on a perfect morning!

21-Nov-14
Congrats nice buck

21-Nov-14
Congrats. Nice deer.

21-Nov-14
Nice!!!

21-Nov-14
congrats! Cool story

21-Nov-14
Awesome buck, congrats! Bet I know where you will be on this day next year.

21-Nov-14
Sweet!!!

21-Nov-14
nice going !

21-Nov-14
Congrats

21-Nov-14
Congrats bud that is a brute and the story always makes it better

21-Nov-14
Congrats Gregg nice buck !!

21-Nov-14
Congrats, good looking deer